So how come the Mach didn't make it into the SVT group?

BLKFOX

Established Member
There are a lot of guys on this board with "Cobra" syndrome who are a lot like the guys on LS1Tech -thinking their cars are touched by the hand of God and run on the blood of Christ- therefore believing their cars are superior in every way.....Pretty weak if you ask me.

I'd agree with that 100%!

Pumpkinator

U.S. Army
Established Member
The Mach has an assembly line produced engine which is basically the same as the one in the marauder and avaitor...nothing special. Other than that it's a GT with a shaker.

A GT with a shaker? Wow....intelligence is thin around here I see. For your information, I own a 03 GT and a 04 Mach 1 and the difference is unreal. My GT is modded and I blow the doors off of it with my Mach 1.......Learn to think before you speak.....

Pumpkinator

U.S. Army
Established Member
because the SVT of the Mustangs is the Cobra, the SVT of the trucks is the lightning and then the Raptor, the SVT of the midsize was the contour and the SVT of the small cars was the Focus. ALL were designed and tested by the SVT team. They didn't need or want two svt mustangs.

SVT made a focus? :loser: WOW.....I am impressed.....a focus that makes 87hp........

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
A GT with a shaker? Wow....intelligence is thin around here I see. For your information, I own a 03 GT and a 04 Mach 1 and the difference is unreal. My GT is modded and I blow the doors off of it with my Mach 1.......Learn to think before you speak.....

SVT made a focus? :loser: WOW.....I am impressed.....a focus that makes 87hp........

I don't know what rock you climbed out from under but as a noob you whould read the rules before you post much more. bumping 4 month old threads is not a good idea. insulting outside of smackdown (a place where you DONT want to go) is not a good idea. and spouting off about shit you know nothing about while calling those that do know what they are talking about is also a noob move that is not a good idea. All in all I will say you will be banned before the month is out at the pace you are going.

BLKFOX

Established Member
I don't know what rock you climbed out from under but as a noob you whould read the rules before you post much more. bumping 4 month old threads is not a good idea. insulting outside of smackdown (a place where you DONT want to go) is not a good idea. and spouting off about shit you know nothing about while calling those that do know what they are talking about is also a noob move that is not a good idea. All in all I will say you will be banned before the month is out at the pace you are going.

RDJ, Back when I first joined SVTP, I'm not going to lie...I hated seeing your posts, but now that I've been around here more I see where you're coming from...I may not have the high post count, but I'm on here constantly, even if you take things a little far sometimes (it's entertaining), but you've got my respect! :beer:

and I'm going to agree with RDJ on this one....probably wasn't a good idea shit talking or bumping this thread lol

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member

roflbot.jpg

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member

I own a Mach and will forget more about these cars than you'll ever know. Yes the Mach has a 4v, but it's a cast piston, cast rod powerplant with limited hp capability. The intake cams in these engines have 20 degrees less duration than those in earlier cobras...they are nothing special.

In stock form they aren't quick by today's standards, hell a Taurus with a tune is quicker in the 1/4.

My Mach is quick but I know of GTs that are quicker. I also know of Machs that are quicker, my point is anything can be made to be quick/fast.

Take away the shaker and the Mach is a 4v swapped GT.

BLKFOX

Established Member
I own a Mach and will forget more about these cars than you'll ever know. Yes the Mach has a 4v, but it's a cast piston, cast rod powerplant with limited hp capability. The intake cams in these engines have 20 degrees less duration than those in earlier cobras...they are nothing special.

In stock form they aren't quick by today's standards, hell a Taurus with a tune is quicker in the 1/4.

My Mach is quick but I know of GTs that are quicker. I also know of Machs that are quicker, my point is anything can be made to be quick/fast.

Take away the shaker and the Mach is a 4v swapped GT.

Don't forget the different brake system, subframe connectors, and all the fancy interior

smitty2919

Established Member
Red jacket...green jacket...who gives a......

Do an eaton swap on a Mach and you essentially have a Cobra. All Cobra guys go with SRA's anyways. Only thing left is the 6spd.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member

If you're GT was properly modded it wouldnt get its doors blown off by a Mach....

I dont think euro-tails make you go any faster :dw:

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Red jacket...green jacket...who gives a......

Do an eaton swap on a Mach and you essentially have a Cobra. All Cobra guys go with SRA's anyways. Only thing left is the 6spd.

You're kind of forgetting the forged internals buddy, throw a smaller pulley at the eaton on your mach and watch your motor go boom!

Twystyd

Established Member
The Mach has an assembly line produced engine which is basically the same as the one in the marauder and avaitor...nothing special. Other than that it's a GT with a shaker.

And another cam, and 16 more valves, and an aluminum block, and different interior, and Mach stripes, "fan blade" wheels, and lower gears.... But it's just a GT with a shaker. Give me a break kid.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
And another cam, and 16 more valves, and an aluminum block, and different interior, and Mach stripes, "fan blade" wheels, and lower gears.... But it's just a GT with a shaker. Give me a break kid.

Another cam? WTF are you smoking? One of those special addition 3-cammers I see....

BLKFOX

Established Member

:lol:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member

Actually, the Mach has two more cams. As for being a kid, do your homework son, I'm old enough to be a father to most of the members on this forum.

The Mach engine has hyper pistons and powder metal rods, both very weak and the same as the GTs when considering the metal. The Mach has 3.55 gears which aren't nearly enough to compensate for the poor tq as a result of the factory cam timing. The wheels, nothing special, but they are heavy. The interior,kinda cool, but cheap. The afforementioned subframe connectors, not strong enough for road racing or drag racing. Stripes, never liked stripes.

I like my Mach, really I do, but it can be made better as can all other Mustangs. I'm just tired of hearing how much better this mustang is or that mustang. The best Mustang is the one you like.

BLKFOX

Established Member
Actually, the Mach has two more cams. As for being a kid, do your homework son, I'm old enough to be a father to most of the members on this forum.

The Mach engine has hyper pistons and powder metal rods, both very weak and the same as the GTs when considering the metal. The Mach has 3.55 gears which aren't nearly enough to compensate for the poor tq as a result of the factory cam timing. The wheels, nothing special, but they are heavy. The interior,kinda cool, but cheap. The afforementioned subframe connectors, not strong enough for road racing or drag racing. Stripes, never liked stripes.

I like my Mach, really I do, but it can be made better as can all other Mustangs. I'm just tired of hearing how much better this mustang is or that mustang. The best Mustang is the one you like.

I know everyone's got their own taste, but they were made to look like the old ones, I think they did a good job with the wheels/strips :shrug:

and how's the interior cheap? It's not the suede inserted seats like the cobras, but they feel great!

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
My comment about the cheap interior covers all the mustangs and is based on overall quality. However, it is better than the F-body interiors.

BLKFOX

Established Member
My comment about the cheap interior covers all the mustangs and is based on overall quality. However, it is better than the F-body interiors.

Gotcha...and it's a lot better than the interior on my trans am!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
One thing I really liked about the Mach 1s and also the Bullit was that they had Cobra 13" brakes and both had similar spring rates as well, making them quite a bit better than the average GT, at least in my mind.

But what would I know?:p

Users who are viewing this thread