So How Much Did You Spend On Christmas Gifts?

canibus

Established Member
We stopped giving gifts to the adults in the family. Which leaves plenty of spending money for all the kids of the family. I ended up spending 700 on 6 gifts. Most were in the 60 dollar range, but the one that jacked it up was the PS3 with extra controller and game that I bought my little brothers. I had always given them small gifts so it felt like the right time to give them something somewhat big. What did you end up spending?

BTW: this isn't a "i've got more money than you thread." So please don't bring that bs into this thread. I'm just curious on the damage to our pockets.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
We've done the same thing with no presents for adults, just the kids.

So I'd say we spent about, $150ish between 5 kids and of course we bought small things for the adults that totaled close to $100. Money was a little tighter this year after buying a new car(previous got totaled from a wreck) and paying off a lot of debt, plus me buying an engagement ring... 2012 is going to be a SUPER great year!!! :banana:

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
I bought 2 things for little ones from Build-a-bear and a bunk bed set for my nieces and that's it. I got nothing for the holidays just the way I wanted it.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
1,800-2,000 every year and damn glad I can do it. Oddly enough, I have showered my retired parents with as much as my children, I feel they gave so much to me it was time they saw something back.

sidewayscoupe

Established Member
I spent $1200 this year, which is more than I wanted to spend.

But I blame myself for waiting until Christmas Eve to start shopping......

Oh well, I am glad its over so now I can start buying presents for myself!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I think about 3-400 bucks this year.. Bought for my wife, son, mother in law, brother and sister in law, mom, dad, and sister as well.

Black Sex

Established Member
The wife and I just bought a '11 GT500 so we didn't buy eachother and gifts to say, but we did spend close a grand on everyone else. $700-800 of that was on out two boys

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
$85. split money with siblings on some gifts. I didn't ask for anything this year I just prefer to spend time with family as my gift.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
1,500ish. Would have been about 1200 if not for the John Deer toy tractor.

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
Not as much as I wanted but more than I should have considering my current financial situation. The time spent with family and the smiles on their faces is all worth it though.

-Eric

Never_Enough

Established Member
Only have to buy for my gf & some of her family. Including what she got for me, we spent over $1k. Her fault. I always say just put the $ in the bank I don't need gifts. She won't listen.

04YellowGT

Established Member
About $500. Biggest thing being a laptop for my girlfriend for school. I only buy for my parents and went halves with my girlfriend on a gift card for her parents.

Its the most I've spent in a long time but worth it and I have a little more income to feel comfortable to do it.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
We spent 3500 this year. 2500 was on new ring for my wife.

Users who are viewing this thread