So I found a car but...

Jorday

Established Member
...it's rapid red with painted black stripes which is not really what I want. The dealership said that the car has already been produced and should be arriving in a week or two. The good thing about the car is that it's available soon and it took me some looking just to find a dealership that wasn't looking for MSRP + 10k. I really kinda was hoping to find a no stripe car this time, but I'm also really itching to get out of my 2013 and into a new one.

The only other lead I have on a car is from another dealership that has an allocation for a 2021 GT500, and they have told me that the options and paint color can still be changed at this time as the car has not been produced yet. My preference would be ford performance blue no stripes and the only option being the technology package. I am not looking for a CFHP or CFTP.

I am worried that if I take a pass on the rapid red with black stripes then I will end up missing out on being able to get one this year entirely. Could they end up just not producing the other car due to shortages? Or is it reasonable to assume that if they take my order for a base model then I will get the car? Does anyone that has knowledge about the allocation/build/shortages have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jordan

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
For the amount of money you’d be spending, DO NOT settle for a car you don’t want - ie the red one.

order the car you want in performance blue.with no stripes and wait for it, even if it is delayed due to shortages etc. yes it will suck having to wait, and it may not come in till the end of the season, but after that, you’ll be happy to have it for next year.

Edit: I’ll also add, my last 3 mustangs have come in in October or November.
Sucked missing out on the summer and fall, then having to look at them in the garage all winter, but come spring time, all was forgotten !

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I would not settle for something that wasn't exactly what I wanted. Especially at this price point.

I am worried that if I take a pass on the rapid red with black stripes then I will end up missing out on being able to get one this year entirely.
Don't fall for this FOMO frenzy mentality. You will find exactly what you want if you are patient.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Red and Mustangs dont really go that well together imo which is why u dont see many. Well, buddy has red one but wrapped it grey lol.

Bro, get what u want not what's a available RIGHT NOW! Its not a house, u dont need to live in today or u will be living in a tent. Its a car bro, they make millions of em.... Put in ur order and just wait. Spending that kind of money on a car color u dont want is just plain dumb bro no offense.

Get over the "I NEED A NEW CAR RIGHT NOW THING". Been there, done that too many times. Be patient.... Not to mention ur 2013 looks way better than any new Mustang anyway lol.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I agree with what others have said above, just wait and get what you want. When I was looking for my 2020 there were several times that I was tempted by a good deal available now, in those instances I would've been settling for something that wasn't 100% what I wanted. In the end I ordered a car to my desired specifications, I had to wait a little longer but I'm glad I did in the end

The Bone

Established Member
Red and Mustangs dont really go that well together imo which is why u dont see many. Well, buddy has red one but wrapped it grey lol.

Bro, get what u want not what's a available RIGHT NOW! Its not a house, u dont need to live in today or u will be living in a tent. Its a car bro, they make millions of em.... Put in ur order and just wait. Spending that kind of money on a car color u dont want is just plain dumb bro no offense.

Get over the "I NEED A NEW CAR RIGHT NOW THING". Been there, done that too many times. Be patient.... Not to mention ur 2013 looks way better than any new Mustang anyway lol.
So wrong Red is the fastest color
DSCN2519.JPG

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Only you can decide if the color really matters to you. If it does then you'll need to have patience. If it doesn't really matter then buy what you find.

In either case it is up to you. Take your time and be sure you think it through.

Squeezed out with help from the svtperformance.com mobile app

misuracaf10

there is a dealer in michigan, Russ Milne ford who has 3-4 gt500s in stock that appear to be base models. im not sure what hes asking for them but it cant hurt to make a phone call.

misuracaf10

I called Milne last month. At the time they had seven 2020 GT500's. They told me they started at $10k above sticker

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

dang. i live about 5 minutes from there, and would be nice to buy a car from someone that close to me, but ive always heard that they get you for over sticker on all the vehicles i want! ie Raptor and GT500. i have to go down the road to buy the cars unfortunately.

Breitling

Established Member
Looks great! Interesting to see a non-GT500 right behind it. I guess the production line is mixed in with different trims.

Congrats on your new ride!

Users who are viewing this thread