So I got my first bike....

92z28

Established Member
I took delivery of my 2009 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 yesterday and I got to say I should have started riding along time ago. Yesterday was also my very first time riding a bike and it was suprisingly easy to learn and I was in traffic with in 2 hours. The only complaint is that the clutch lever is stiff as hell and takes some practice to learn how to ease into it to take off smoothly.

I can't wait to get out of work and hop back on :rockon::rockon:

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Congrats man! I'm in the market too. Although, mine's going to be a sportbike. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up. :thumbsup:

amigrad06

SVT Noob!
Established Member
Whatever you do, sign up for a motorcycle safety course if you have never ridden before. I rode dirtbike for years before I got my fist street bike, and I took the Harley Davidson sponsored "Rider's Edge" course. They threw this statistic out there, 73% of all riders who take a Motorcycle safety course are not involved in a serious/fatal accident. I have a XL 1200 Nightster I am considering selling to buy a new Vrod. Enjoy the bike, and wear the proper riding gear. I hate to sound preachy but to many lives are lost from not wearing the right gear/helmet.

jakeyfs07

Established Member
yea i have a friend who works for harley and just got his first bike recently. he took the rider's edge course and said it was great, and it is the best compared to other places that offer riding courses

92z28

Established Member
I would take a course but this late in the season in Minnesota it won't happen so I will have to be extra careful and do my best to learn on my own.

For those that asked Im 5' 10" and I weigh in at 185 lbs.

I will try to get pics up this weekend but I work two jobs so I can get pretty busy at times.

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
i agree with the others. i was riding for a year and a half on a permit on borrowed bikes and when i finally bought my own bike this past spring i decided to take the msf course and it was definitly worth it. you learn a lot. plus most of them give you your motorcycle endorsement at completion

CobraVert97

C O B R A
Established Member
:rockon: Welcome to the 2-wheeler fraternity! :rockon:
One of these days I want to get a Harley, but for now:
500x375.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread