So I have a confession....

SVTDice

Established Member
So I've owned my Terminator since Valentines day, Great car, Love how it handles, Etc, Everything. However, Here is the confession part...I have YET to Go WOT with it. I have yet to even go Half throttle with it. :dw: Maybe I'm just being to babyish with it. But yeah, That is my confession. Feel free to :burn: me.

Haha. But no seriously Am I the only one this babyish with my car? Maybe its because I'm not used to this powerful of a car. Or I don't want to "Hurt" or "Damage" My Cobra. But let me know what you all think! :shrug:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Give yourself time to get a feel for it. Work up to it, find out how much grip you got gradually.

No point in it ending up in a WAD and you in the hospital.

Nothing wrong a little respect for some extremely potent IRON.

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
I roll my wheels almost daily, either on purpose or on accident.

Well, that is not true, but I do take it to redline in 2nd almost every time I drive it.

Schlangenbisse

Established Member
Open her up a little. Nothing crazy, just do it gradually like everyone is saying. You'll love the feeling I promise!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

dsmith26

Established Member
I know exactly what you talkin about. I babied mine for a couple weeks, finally stepped in it and exploded an idler pulley... Now it's sat for the last 3 weeks waiting on parts. :-(

KILRSVT

Established Member
I give it hell 1st and 2nd the only reason I don't doit in 3rd or any higher gear is cuz I dont want to go jail... Lol if I hit the track I'll open it up as much as I can! You need to eventually floor it... At least once make sure it's safe!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
what did you drive before this? I went from an exploder to my Mach1 it was a while before I laid into it completely for fear I might wad it up or wrap it around a light post somewhere

dont quite understand not even hitting half throttle but start laying into it more until youre comfortable with what its gonna do

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
It's not like you have a stock car either. You're driving a 575 hp at the motor car. If you aren't used to it be smart and take baby steps. I'm not sure what you have owned in the past but most of us here have been driving/owning high HP cars for years now. And even when you know what your doing you'll still dribble in your pants once in awhile because the car did something surprising ;-)

GTIZZL

Established Member
It's not like you have a stock car either. You're driving a 575 hp at the motor car. If you aren't used to it be smart and take baby steps. I'm not sure what you have owned in the past but most of us here have been driving/owning high HP cars for years now. And even when you know what your doing you'll still dribble in your pants once in awhile because the car did something surprising ;-)

+1.. Take it easy and gradually go for it, just not all at once..:beer:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Hmmm kind of lost for words. I agree with others in getting use to the car ect. But if this is going to be like a everyday day thing when you drive it, then maybe a based style GT would have suited you better,lol. I mean I'm half joking about my last sentence, but these cars can handle alot of hp if tuned properly. I respect my car and don't litterly beat the piss out of it every chance I get, but hearing the eaton whine is music to my ears. I will have a very hard time going through my full tank of old gas from storing it without putting the pedal to the floor.

Silver03Termi

Established Member
I mashed the loud pedal and let that big cat eat....on the test drive, with the owner in the car. He was an attorney and WON the car in a raffle for $30. He had never even seen the boost gauge move, until I got a hold of it.

Slow99x

Established Member
I don't beat the piss out of mine either. I get WOT once in a while but not that much. The one thing I will never do is take my car to the track. I have no interest in drag racing or road racing the car. I mod it for making it more "fun" on the street.

03mustang92

1of154
Established Member
I infact commend this action taken by him, I wish i wouldn't go WOT with my car but EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE sounds so goood!:banana:

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
First day I bought my car was gunning it around getting used to it. This car is wayyy different than my old 300hp 1995 cobra!

Users who are viewing this thread