So I Might Actually Go To A Concert Alone, Anyone Done It?

canibus

Established Member
Clapton is coming to the Gibson and I don't want to miss the opportunity to see him live. My dilemma is that the tickets are through the roof. If I bring a date, it'll cost me 500 bucks for the pair and my date will most likely not even like the show(not her type of music.) Or I can stop being stupid and go by myself for $185. It's weird though. I've never done it and I feel people will think i'm stupid or a loser. Anyone else gone alone, any tips?

AKcobra

Established Member
Yeah, I know the feeling, but don't let that stop you from going! I have been to a few shows by myself, and once the music starts you wont even think about the people around you. Clapton is a classic I wouldn't skip it!

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I've never done it and I feel people will think i'm stupid or a loser. Anyone else gone alone, any tips?

Just my personal opinion but you shouldn't make decisions based on what others will think, at least when it comes to insignificant situations such as this. Who cares? You should do what you want.

Common

Established Member
I wouldn't mind going alone to his concert if I didn't have a compatible person to go with.

Defknotzero

Established Member
I go alone all the time. Love it. I don't have to put up with anyone's bullshit and wait for them or whatever. I am free to do my own thing.

But that's just me.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
i saw GNR alone years ago...it was still awesome. although my small ass was constantly on the look out lol

LaFlavor

Established Member
Saw Tool alone years ago. Had a great time. Why would anybody even be paying attention to you or who you are/are not with.

canibus

Established Member
It's not so much that people actually would be paying attention, it's just the shame talking. You see all these couples waiting in line to get in and there I am all alone, lol. I'll probably decide by tomorrow, one way or another, I'm not missing the show.

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
I have never gone alone, but if I wanted to see a show bad enough, I would go alone. Especially if it was a show that your are more than likely never going to get a chance to see again.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
LOL been to tons of concerts alone. Even when I go with people, everyone gets split up anyway and nobody ever wants to be in the front. Who cares?

CPRsm

PSHHH, Clapton ? Be there in a heartbeat by myself. Get there, walk around double fisted. By the time the music starts, you won't give a damn what anytone thinks.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
that would be a tough one for me. then again, it looks like i might be the only one here that actually has a good time with their friends:lol1: it's always more fun when you have someone to talk to about how awesome the show was, how huge those flashing girls titties were, that nasty ass drunk bitch that was trying to grind on you, etc. i wouldn't feel like a loser or anything going alone, rather know that it could be just a little bit better with someone else.
i would find someone to go with(friend or date), i mean it shouldn't be that hard. it is clapton we're talking about!

Last edited:

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
that would be a tough one for me. then again, it looks like i might be the only one here that actually has a good time with their friends:lol1: it's always more fun when you have someone to talk to about how awesome the show was, how huge those flashing girls titties were, that nasty ass drunk bitch that was trying to grind on you, etc. i wouldn't feel like a loser or anything going alone, rather know that it could be just a little bit better with someone else.
i would find someone to go with(friend or date), i mean it shouldn't be that hard. it is clapton we're talking about!

:lol:

ssssnake

Established Member
I've never gone alone, but I've been thinking about it lately. I missed STP because my only concert buddy couldn't make it.

mysterio

Established Member
I go alone all the time. Love it. I don't have to put up with anyone's bullshit and wait for them or whatever. I am free to do my own thing.

But that's just me.

Could not agree more. Almost w/o fail, the times a woman has been with me to a concert, I felt like she was more baggage and more trouble than worth. Not always the same woman, either.

Do your own thing, get lost in the great music, and feel no shame.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Everyone else pretty much hit the nail on the head, go enjoy yourself and save some $$$. My Uncle is a huge 311 fan and he checks them out whenever they were within a reasonable driving distance from Raleigh, NC. Goes alone over half the time. He can do what he wants, leave when he wants, get up and grab a drink without having to worry about keeping track of anyone, getting them a drink too, etc. If you're taking someone just for the sake of taking them, they end up feeling more like baggage than anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread