So, I purchased a hoopty yesterday...

helldiver14

Established Member
So, I purchased a hoopty yesterday... W/ PICS

Was driving back from Ft. Wayne Indiana after a long day of looking at used cars. While driving we passed a small trailer park run down and sketchy, but in front of that trailer park was something I knew we couldnt pass on. It sat stealth, it sat mean and it sat pretty. As we were screaming by at 60 mph, all I saw on the window was cheap wal mart for sale paint reading 600 dollars. My buddy asked if I wanted to turn around and check it out and I agreed. After whipping a bitch in a turn around, we rolled up on the black pearl...a 2000 murdered out Volkswagen Jetta VR6 5 speed with 159k on the clock. It was locked and the only problem we could see is that the drivers side door panel was removed. We quickly called the number and a man and his wife in a late 80's Chev pickup came to the scene. He stepped out, wife beater and all and asked if we wanted to take a closer look. He shimmied the door open and the interior was mint. No radio, no drivers side panel and headliner sagging hard. We asked to see under the hood. This is where we knew this wasn't your oridinary hoopty. Under the front bumper was a chain padlocked to the front tow hook. This device was what held the hood down. After we saw the motor and took it down the street and back, we offered 500 and took it home last night. Runs like a dream and even the AC works! For the radio, we just have a bluetooth speaker in the back for some sick audio. Hopefully this car will bring many more laughs and excitement through my college career. Forget spending 10k on a car when a 500 dollar car does the trick just fine. #500dollaballa.
Shitta Resize 1.jpg

Last edited:

Troponin

Established Member
Man, back in the day that was a NICE ride. Shame to see them making their way to the ghetto and getting treated like that.

My step father used to be a master at flipping vehicles. He would buy them for $300-800, replace the tires, replace brakes, get them running smoothly, which usually took very little, and then would sell them for $1500-2500. Sometimes he could make $1,000 off of them by just replacing the tires. That's all some people look at when buying a vehicle that runs.

helldiver14

Established Member
Man, back in the day that was a NICE ride. Shame to see them making their way to the ghetto and getting treated like that.

My step father used to be a master at flipping vehicles. He would buy them for $300-800, replace the tires, replace brakes, get them running smoothly, which usually took very little, and then would sell them for $1500-2500. Sometimes he could make $1,000 off of them by just replacing the tires. That's all some people look at when buying a vehicle that runs.

The exhaust alone is 700 dollars new! This is what it has... https://www.ecstuning.com/ES1892664...5XUzAN7utP6-R9pItf7vkTeMMVTFKS86ccaAllr8P8HAQ

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Clean it up a little, stock up on window regulators, and you'll be set. I love the 12v VR6, they're a lot of fun and sound great.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Nice! I had an 01 accord as my beater. Drove it for 2 years and sold it. 227k miles buddy said its still running strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BladeX10

Established Member
I'm a sucker for these types of deals. Lol. You can buy these cars for dirt cheap, Drive them for a year or 2 and you can still sell the car for more than you paid for it. Compared to going to a dealership, buying a new car and losing $10k+ doing the same thing.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice, cheap find. What up with the red and green pom-poms hanging from the lower right rear bumper? LOL.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Nice find and price. My brother had the 2.0 Jetta eight years ago rode nice was comfy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Im very familiar with Ft Wayne, where was the car and the aforementioned trailer park located?

helldiver14

Established Member
Im very familiar with Ft Wayne, where was the car and the aforementioned trailer park located?

It was on 27 closer to Richmond, IN. I'm trying to pick up a 1996 P71 from one of the girls my buddy went to high school with. It has 120k and runs and drives fine. I'm hoping to get it for around 400-700.

Users who are viewing this thread