So I wrecked my car today

Revolator

Outlaw Star
Established Member
On my way to work tonight and lost traction on an off ramp turn doing about 45 mph. I hit a side barrier concrete wall which ripped off my front bumper and flipped my hood causing it to crack my windshield. :(

Luckily I'm fine and no injuries. Airbags didn't even deploy. I had it towed to my body shop and I have to give them a call in the morning. I've never been in an accident or collision before, so are there any pointers that you guys would recommend? Thanks

45939_457005389746_749074746_6423452_2389812_n.jpg

45868_457010384746_749074746_6423633_1112292_n.jpg

Here's a decent shot of what she looked like before the wreck

P1080052.jpg

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Good to hear you're ok.

Keep everyone updated on repair process. Stay involved with the body shop, decreases the likelihood of problems arising late. saves a little time if you spot issues early.

Good luck.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Sorry to hear about your car, at least you're okay. My buddy wrecked his car today too! :(

45767_534778464653_214201235_31732315_3823880_n.jpg

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
As long as there isn't frame damage, fix that bad boy UP!!!!!! I've been on the website for years, and most wrecks are from drag radials....ugh.

wjk

Established Member
Glad your okay man!

If it was in the rain its understandable. The rain is a Mustang's worst nightmare. Since I only have 1 car usually I end up having to drive in the rain as well. My only advice would be to take it extra slow, and perhaps forget about drag radials. When its raining out and people are doing 65mph + I'm usually doing about 45-55mph at most!

daGOOSE

GOOSE JUICE
Established Member
hey your breathing and the car is getting fixed cant beat that...

dont mean to thread jack, just trying to get someknowledge, but why are DR's no good in the rain???

rsnyder

SVT
Established Member
hey your breathing and the car is getting fixed cant beat that...

dont mean to thread jack, just trying to get someknowledge, but why are DR's no good in the rain???

The tread pattern is not designed for water, it's designed for maximum dry traction. Also the rubber compound is very soft and the tread depth is very shallow/small, so it doesn't give anywhere for the water to go. Even when brand new, drag radial tread depths are practically nothing. The Nittos are ok in the rain when new, but some others are straight suicide, even when new.

daGOOSE

GOOSE JUICE
Established Member
The tread pattern is not designed for water, it's designed for maximum dry traction. Also the rubber compound is very soft and the tread depth is very shallow/small, so it doesn't give anywhere for the water to go. Even when brand new, drag radial tread depths are practically nothing. The Nittos are ok in the rain when new, but some others are straight suicide, even when new.

wow... thanks boss

mysterio

Established Member
I can't feel sorry for you if you had drag radials, tough lesson I learned also for driving with balding tires.

You can't give a young guy a break on his first accident? That's a bit harsh, and it's not evident in the photos that he had DR's on. Or I'm missing something.

OP, glad you're ok, as that could have been worse, as others are saying too.

Users who are viewing this thread