So I'm just walking from my car...

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
to go into the MCX to get a little haircut. And I notice a nice looking young lady with her cart and a small child(girl about 18 - 20 months) in the seat portion. I'm checking out the "goods" and she bolts off leaving the cart on the sidewalk. Think she was running to her car to get something. As the thought runs through my mind, that's not very safe, the cart begins to roll toward the street and curb. That's when I notice that there is another 3 - 4 year old little boy hanging on the back. I'm a good 40+- yards from the cart and it's only about 5 feet from the curb. So I hit a dead sprint and dive just as the cart is going off the curb and tilting toward me spilling the little girl out. I slide underneath the cart on my knees catching it with my right hand so it wouldn't smack the little boy or little girl and with my left arm/hand I catch the little girl like a football before she plants her pretty little head into the ground.

Now, I probably should have put this in smackdown with some of the replies that will come towards the mother but for some reason I wasn't upset at her stupidity at all. I think I'm just happy I was there to prevent such a bad thing from happening, I would have hated to imagine what would have happened to the little girl if I hadn't caught her. One thing I've always prided myself on is paying attention to everything around me and I'm glad I was today.

Anyways, still a little shaken and it's been about three hours since this happened.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Thank GOD your adamantium claws were not out at the time! That would have made things alot more interesting!

Crowley

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Reminds me of the train station scene from the Untouchables where the cop saves the baby carriage from crashing down the stairs during a shootout. :thumbsup:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Nice! It's good to have people around who will do more than gawk and say, "looky thar, they is gonna die!"

fordrules

Slow But Still Trying
Established Member
Nice save... I have always been that way were I notice EVERYTHING around me. That lady was lucky you were there.

98slowbra

Established Member
That is great Eric, nice job. I too have a 18 month old girl and 6 year old girl. I would never leave them in a cart like that I tell you. Kids like that depend on parents to proctect them at all times because they are to small. I am glad you were there to do what you did that is just great. I would die if anything happened to my girls.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
98slowbra said:
That is great Eric, nice job. I too have a 18 month old girl and 6 year old girl. I would never leave them in a cart like that I tell you. Kids like that depend on parents to proctect them at all times because they are to small. I am glad you were there to do what you did that is just great. I would die if anything happened to my girls.

Exactly, as soon as the cart started moving I was running and the little boy started yelling for his mother. I would never leave my 5 year old unattended in a cart much less an 18 month old. The scary thing is it was just me and her on the sidewalk, no one else was around so if I would have hesitated at all it could have been much worse.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Ben 98 said:
Wow what did she say when she got back to the cart

The only thing she could say really, "Thank you." She was crying before she even got over to me. I hope this wakes her up and brings her back to reality, after thinking about it she said she was going back for her little girls other shoe that fell off in the car. Could have lost her daughters life over a shoe. :(

iCEMANSGCCC

Banned
BS, Cobra's can never lose!

Really though, great save. I dont think I'm fast enough to be able to get there intime

Users who are viewing this thread