So my sister and her daughter are going to jail.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
ill make this short and sweet.

My sister moved in with my dad in 2012 to be with him and take care of him due to his declining health. in 2013 he had open heart surgery and had 7 bypass stints placed. Also recently had right foot amputated due to diabetes. hes 78. Also has macular degeneration.

she was supposed to be paying his medical bills with his social security income. My dad had a retirement CD of $275,000 that was only to be used for emergency medical expenses, home emergencies, final expenses and if anything was left over was to be divided between his 4 children.

we found out on Feb 21st of this year that my sister that was living with him and her 24 year old daughter stole every cent. She got an extra card issued on his CD bank account and gave a card to her daughter. every single day they would take out the maximum amount in cash from ATM's and go on 10,000 shopping sprees. when the money ran out, she cashed in his 3 life insurance policies. stole his credit cards and maxed them out. Nearly stole his home.

We hired an attorney and filed 3 civil lawsuits against both of them. We also have an elder exploitation investigation with adult protective services. I also went to the sheriff dept and filed a criminal report and they are currently investigating. we pulled the bank statements for 4 years and they left a paper trail 10 miles wide. there is no denying it.

the detectives are pulling ATM footage and other evidence.

we had her evicted today from my dads home. my dad is in a physical therapy rehab for the next month learning how to walk again.

there was over 1,500 fraud transactions on the bank statements. they are going to fry in prison.

so....how was ya'lls day?

Zemedici

Established Member
Why.....would someone do that to their own father? Especially in this day and age, where it can easily be tracked....

Wow Kris. Sorry. :(

Zemedici

Established Member
i know. its been a crazy month. lawyers, detectives....DSS...every single day. they are in hiding. but they will get caught.

Was wondering where you'd been, wish it was on happier circumstance. What did your father say about all of this?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's unreal.

I'm sorry to hear about that shit. I can't believe people. How the **** do they sleep at night?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
That pisses me off man. Your dad probably busted his ass for a lot of years for that money.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I'm so sorry to hear that, what a nightmare. Did you have a close relationship until this was uncovered? Did she have anything like this in her character in the past?

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Sorry to hear his news. I can understand how angry you and your Dad may be, but don't let yourself stoop to your Sister's/Niece's level. By all means throw the book at them and maximize their punishment and recover every penny you can, but don't let them see how upset you are and don't let yourself do/say things that make you a seem like the kind of person you don't want to be. Best of luck to you and Dad.

o2gt

Established Member
I wish you luck and Im sorry to hear about that. It could be a long process so just be prepared for that. Do either of them have criminal records? I hope they do time, but if they have clean records I would not be surprised if they do very little if any. good luck to you, I hope you can recover some money or property.

Duecestang

Established Member
Well I have stolen one time a pack of fruity stripes gum my mom took me back in the store and told them I stole it and then started beating the shit out of me my legs and ass looked like the red fruity stripes gum that was 36 year's a go I still remember it to this day and haven't stole since then much less from my parents sorry man I know this sucks for you at least you got them out of the house before they sold it

Equalbracket

Established Member
Sorry to hear. I had two family members pass that had faith in their children to do what they wanted done with their money. Instead on both sides of my family greed took over and they kept every penny to themselves.

Start a construction company with nothing, build it up run it successfully for 55 years, sell and retire with a fortune. Step daughter gets it all after my grandfathers second wife changed her will shortly after his death, all of a sudden she didn't have dementia for one day.

Money brings the worst out of some people, family I never imagined were capable of such disgusting behavior. Greatest man I knew died thinking he left me something he worked his entire life for, in the end I couldn't even get the only thing I wanted, his pocket knife.

Users who are viewing this thread