So today a Marine asked me a question...

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
Hmm, so just out of curiousity since you're still subject to the UCMJ as a retiree, can your respective branch show up with a uranalysis test and if you pop hot take your retirement??

This is a serious question, as I was not aware you're still subject to follow UCMJ guidelines, I've never heard of this before and would think many folks would be screwed and that the Govt would be trying to push something like that..

No, you do not have to submit to jack. You can only be called back to duty if there is hard evidence that you committed a serious crime back before your retirement and has now come into light.

Those cases are VERY rare but do happen from time to time. I've worked one personally. The provision falls under UCMJ Article 2, Section (a) (5). Specifically, under 10 USC Chapter 47, section 802(a)(3).

Dude was NOT happy. :rockon:

But that said, there has not been (to my knowledge) any precedents set on any cases involving retired members from the active component being brought back up to face UCMJ charges based solely on drug use. I would assume finding a prosecutor willing to take that case would be one in a million.

speedsun

Established Member
I've chewed ass as a SrA for subordinates wearing earrings on base. Then wearing green socks in pt gear. I don't get how hard it is to follow simple guidelines.

A recent photo went circulating in emails around Eglin and Hurlburt. A young airman got his photo taken of walking out of a convenient store with his abu pants sagged down, his shirt untucked, no abu top on, and no hat on. The word is they are kicking him out.

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
I've chewed ass as a SrA for subordinates wearing earrings on base. Then wearing green socks in pt gear. I don't get how hard it is to follow simple guidelines.

A recent photo went circulating in emails around Eglin and Hurlburt. A young airman got his photo taken of walking out of a convenient store with his abu pants sagged down, his shirt untucked, no abu top on, and no hat on. The word is they are kicking him out.

Finally. Get rid of these ****ing idiots that are polluting our service.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Shore patrol on gate 2 street ON Halloween...:eek:LOL man thats shitty, I can't even imagine the headache that had to be.

Nah man - IF you gotta have duty it's not a bad one to have. Man if I was single it would have been game on. Hot drunk AF and local chicks just throwing the pussy at you... all up on you because you're in uniform etc. (at least they said they liked it.) I threw away probably 10 numbers before going home and I got groped by half a dozen "bar" girls. Plus free water/soda at every bar we stopped in. And we got to chase down and detain folks instead of doing standard OOD tours of barracks and compounds? Shoot- I'd do it again in a heartbeat:rockon:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Lol you marines would go insane if you went green to blue haha

From just my 4 years experience in the navy and on an aircraft carrier, we were the worst out of all branches IMO. I've never seen more rejects/ jail dodgers than I did in the NAVY. I loved my navy now, and I'm not putting it down, but I would refer to us as the party college of all the branches. Not many people took it seriously and didn't give a crap how they looked IN uniform, much less OUT of uniform. (besides the aviators and tap out shirt guys)

I have up most respect for all branches, but especially the Marines. Yea I've met some overly confident ones, and I've seen many of Marine ass get kicked by squids, but no one still can't even get mad over how serious you guys take your military and your country. After my 4 years of partying and drinking, I can honestly say go Marines lol Some bad mofo's right there!!:beer::beer::beer:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I spent 8 "lovely" months on the boat and thought I was going to go insane. I've never seen so many fat, slovenly and unkempt military folks in my life. I didn't think it was possible to wear coveralls with a sag but the navy proved me wrong. I was on an LHD - how the hell do you get stationed on a boat that big where you have to walk EVERYWHERE and get that big:shrug: - of course not everyone was like that but there were enough to make me seriously question if there were any standards on the boat. We spent 130+ straight days doing "gator squares" off the coast of Pakistan- I guess Navy folks (and some dumbass Marines) can't go that long without having sex. By the time we went to port there was a whole PLATOON that had to form it up in the hanger deck with their red badges showing they got caught screwing on ship..... sad. The grunts even made a vid of themselves pulling a train on a Navy skank - the skipper had a field day with that. Supposedly the whole lot got confinement + bread and water on the translant back. Good times!!

blank

Established Member
I worked with Army Ordies in bagram and interacted with USMC ordies at KAF. they were all good folks just bitter cause we were there for 4-5 months and that had been there a whole year or longer. i respect all branches and we all have our shit heads. that think they are above the regs and instructions. i never let my room mate leave the house looking like shit if we were going out. if we were going to the shoppette it was different, but never wife beaters or anything. maybe some basketball shorts and a t-shirt.

Zentenk

Established Member
It isn't the personnel that disgust me out there, it is their wives. Poor attitudes and appearance for a majority of them. Oh well, I don't have to wake up next to some hungry hippo.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
sharpest dressed Military member I ever ran across - Female e-4 Army on Balad. she was PAO but every time I saw her she was immaculately dressed. uniform pressed and everything in place. not a stray hair on her head, and just enough makeup to make her look really good.

worse dressed I ever ran across was a couple of marines on TQ when I was there. holes in their uniform dirty all the time and they were IT guys. have no idea how they got that sloppy or why they were allowed to look that way.

Over the time I spent in the sandbox I would rather work for the Army because they are more willing to give you work. Marines not so much, they want to do it themselves. Best NCOs ever were in the Marines tho.

Users who are viewing this thread