So what's everyone using for batteries

testorossa1989

Established Member
Title says it all.

I dumped a wally world 550cca battery and the thing won't even get the starter to turn. I see optima runs 800cca. So I'm curious what's everyone using as the minimum to start their car

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jrichber

browser
Established Member
Replaced my optima with a MC this summer. Think it is 750 or 800 CCA. Looks so much better than crap optima though.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I keep hearing that but mine have been good. What makes you say that? Guess I've been lucky?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it depends on when you bought it. I had a red top for 10 years. It went through 3 vehicles. One of them it sat on a shelf for 6 months and when I got home I dropped it in and the car fired right up. I bought a yellow top after they became more popular (and more expensive) and it was dead in 9 months. Been running Duralast ever since.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
My car doesn't see many miles, which will kill a battery. The Motorcraft is not what it used to be since I've replaced mine 2 times in two years. But, they are 3 yr free replacement so what the hell.
If it gets close to being out, you can remove it from the car, take it to the dealer ( you know, if trust is an issue) and have them test it. If it passes, great. If not, you're taking home a new battery.

chitowncobra

Established Member
I have my second optima Red no issues, I replaced the original optima battery after 7 years pretty good performance for living in hot and humid Florida for most of the year. I work at a Ford Dealership and the motor craft batteries suck. Always replacing batteries in new cars, i have also worked at Nissan and VW dealerships same problem factory batteries are not good quality. I think car manufactures use cheap batteries to save on cost. Just my 2 cents lol

Users who are viewing this thread