So, who has Geico,,,,,,

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
We have it recently had to use it. Wife pulled a bondhead and turned in front of someone and totaled both cars. They paid out over what the blue book was on the car so cannot complain on that. Problem is they went up 30% because of that. Looked around and still did not find anything less expensive.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Yeah, so I just sat with my agent for a while talking. Now having a better understanding of exactly what I'm paying for and comparing apples to apples Geico is not much cheaper.

They were also much more expensive on the homeowners.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Yeah, so I just sat with my agent for a while talking. Now having a better understanding of exactly what I'm paying for and comparing apples to apples Geico is not much cheaper.

They were also much more expensive on the homeowners.

Time to move down yonder way. Lol

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I have Geico, by far the best insurance carrier I have had in 30 years of driving. My Daily driver Focus SEL was smashed by a driver with road rage in October. His insurance carrier Nationwide denied the claim so I field with Geico. The same day they had the car towed to my local Ford dealer body shop. After they received the police report they informed me that I was found 0% at fault (West Virginia is a percentage of fault state) and that they are going after Nationwide for the money and my deductible. Also my rates are not going up. This is important because we just filed suit against Nationwde due to the head injury my wife suffered in the crash and to win the mediation will go along way towards that.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
I had Geico for about ten years and although I never filed a claim during that time I always had good service when I had questions. I switched to Allstate a few years ago and had nothing but problems. In fact I am still awaiting the results from my lawsuit because they don’t want to fix my roof. When I wrecked my GT500 last year and they raised my rates 25% I decided to move on from them.

When I shopped around I was planning on going back to Geico but I ended up getting such a better rate through Liberty Mutual for higher levels of coverage that I went with them instead.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
My understanding of property damage is that it is not needed if you have full coverage as your collision will cover your car if hit by someone without insurance.
As far as bodily injury that is the reason I posted this because no agent takes the time to explain shit.
Even if you have it my understanding now is it wil only cover up to what your limits are so if you have 100k it will only cover that.
I don't necessarily agree with being an idiot for something you don't need or have covered other ways.

What if it is a single vehicle accident. For example you slide off of the road when you hit ice and take out a farmers fence, maybe even his prize black angus bull?...Property damages..

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
What if it is a single vehicle accident. For example you slide off of the road when you hit ice and take out a farmers fence, maybe even his prize black angus bull?...Property damages..

Or you take out a telephone pole or fire hydrant.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
A municipality will own your first born if you take out a hydrant.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Liability covers that. Uninsured motorist has nothing to do with you hitting something or someone

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Liability covers that. Uninsured motorist has nothing to do with you hitting something or someone
Comprehensive for auto and liability was when you could not afford full coverage? Liability is for taking care of everyone else and you suck up some losses if you fault.

I am sorry because I just jumped at the end here if I just confused where you are going with this.

Sent from my hairy pimpled buttocks using the svtperformance.com mobile app

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It depends on the state you are in, and if you are paying for the minimum coverage or not. I pay for the maximum allowed coverages. A $50K minimum liability coverage isn't going to help you much in a real world event.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
We have,
Liability= You hit something. Be it property, another car, house, barn, etc..
In that you also have bodily injury Liability
There are minimum limits on all those of which I am well above.

Comprehensive= Covers your car from water (Flood) hail, storm, theft, vandalism, riot, etc

Collision= Covers your car if hit by another car or anything else.

After that you get into Uninsured motorist crap.

Liability is the only thing mandatory.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
We have,

Comprehensive= Covers your car from water (Flood) hail, storm, theft, vandalism, riot, etc

I found out the value of comprehensive when the BMW went through a NO touch car wash at the last minute.

Pics won't upload for some reason but nothing like watching a remote arm scrape into the side of your car. I had to wait until it went from nose to tail before pulling out.

Man, I was between livid and laughing with incredulous homicide.

Sent from my hairy pimpled buttocks using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CV355

_
Established Member
Whatever you do, do not skip underinsured coverage. There are many pieces of human garbage flying around on the roads without adequate insurance, and all it takes is them sending one text message on their Obamaphone for you to eat a LOT of debt when they smash into you and can't pay. Can't sue 'em either because they're worth absolutely nothing and they know it.

Someone took a big long gooper in the gene pool and nothing protects you from those wastes except for you spending more of YOUR money.

Just my $0.02.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Whatever you do, do not skip underinsured coverage. There are many pieces of human garbage flying around on the roads without adequate insurance, and all it takes is them sending one text message on their Obamaphone for you to eat a LOT of debt when they smash into you and can't pay. Can't sue 'em either because they're worth absolutely nothing and they know it.

Someone took a big long gooper in the gene pool and nothing protects you from those wastes except for you spending more of YOUR money.

Just my $0.02.

My collision will cover it.
Uninsured/under insured property damage here is designed for people who want the minimum state required liability and don't want to pay full coverage.

sc98cbra

Established Member

We have,

See below.

Just my $0.02.

THIS! Unless you live in a state like Florida, you do not want to skimp out on Underinsured motorist coverage (UIM) OR uninsured motorist coverage (UM). You wouldn't believe the number of people driving either ILLEGALLY uninsured, LEGALLY uninsured, or who carry inadequate insurance. MINIMUM LIMITS are INSUFFICIENT in many cases to cover costs incurred from a collision. I would say that at least 1/3rd of drivers on the road (at least in South Carolina) fall into one of the above three categories.

When purchasing insurance, ALWAYS view it in terms of protecting yourself.

You want to carry a hefty liability policy (I'd say at least a 50/100/25 policy, at MINIMUM). Why? Because if your liability coverage is insufficient, the injured party can come after your personal assets. There are many, many, people who believe that a collision is the ticket to winning the lottery.

You also want to carry a hefty UM/UIM policy (also would carry at least 50/100/25 MINIMUM). Why? See my statement above about uninsured/under-insured drivers. Also consider that some drivers are from different states, which may have lower mandatory minimums. Some states require only a 15/30/10 policy.

Hell, a trip to the Emergency Room will cost at least $1,000.00 alone. Imagine if you needed chiropractic treatment or, worse, surgery. Imagine if you sustained permanent injuries. If the at-fault driver has only minimum mandatory coverage, you probably wouldn't be able to recover anything from them personally in the event that you sustain injuries that exceed their insurance limits (thus, carry a hefty UM/UIM policy). I would also look into PIP or MedPay.

GEICO:
In my view, I would avoid GEICO at all costs. Regardless of whether you're insured with them or whether the at-fault driver is insured with them, they will not pay out easily. They will fight you tooth and nail for everything that you try to recover. Trust me, I deal with insurance companies on a regular basis (personal injury firm (a.k.a., "ambulance chaser")). GEICO is basically the big brother of Shaq's insurance company (the General). Both AWFUL. Why do you think they're able to offer lower rates?

State Farm and USAA (if available to you) are two companies that I would strongly recommend.

Last edited:

sc98cbra

Established Member
My collision will cover it.
Uninsured/under insured property damage here is designed for people who want the minimum state required liability and don't want to pay full coverage.

Collision may cover the cost to repair your vehicle, but what about your medical expenses? Lost wages? What will happen if you sustain permanent injuries? What if you, your significant other, or child dies from the collision?

You want uninsured coverage AND under-insured coverage.

Klay

Established Member
My experience has been good with Geico. After being screwed over by state farm previously (to their credit, they did handle an accident fairly well) I had switched over to Geico. Ive had them for probably 6 years and no problems at all. In fact, my insurance has gone down over time with them.

I like how you don't have to deal with a single agent. Their app is fairly easy to use as well. The only claim I had to do was for a tow and that wss fairly easy and straight forward.

I definitely recommend them, at least for auto insurance. Not sure how it is on the home side.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Y'all do realize that uninsured/under insured only pays up to what your plan pays?
So if you have 50/100/100 it will only pay 50 for your medical/lost wages/etc.

And yes I do have it but it is
More for others with me and not me.
I have great insurance, shirt and long term disability and such.
I looked at dropping it because the extra $98 per vehicle adds up when you have 6 vehicles.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
If you skip property damage and bodily injury you are an idiod. Heck, I even have a $1mm umbrella policy on top of everything else.

Im in Ohio and have State Farm and been with them for 27 years. My GT500 is just under $360 per year with full coverage. I have the vehicle designated as pleasure driver with annual mileage no more the 7200 annually.
Pleasure driving designation really reduces your annually cost keeping full coverage.
I agree on umbrella coverage. I would bo without it. I gave mine at $2MM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread