So you married guys....

VegasMichael

Established Member
Marriage has been around ten thousand of years. Do you think you can reinvent the institution and make it work better than it does now?
Yes. Get rid of alimony and sharing of assets if divorce occurs. If those things could happen I would be way on board with marriage.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I'm on board with the marriage thing if it doesn't involve my money if things don't work out. Tell me that's wrong and how.
Till death do you part.

Either you plan to be partners for life, or it's just a hook up.

Do sincerely planned, well intentioned marriages fail? Yes. We are flawed beings.
If you both go into it without intentions of going the distance, you very likely won't.

Last edited:

VegasMichael

Established Member
Till death do you part.

Either you plan to be partners for life, or it's just a hook up.

Do sincerely planned, well intentioned marriages fail? Yes. We are flawed beings.
If you both go into it without intentions of going the distance, you won't.
But life gives us so many unforeseen situations. There is no way you can honestly think that your marriage is forever.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
But life gives us so many unforeseen situations. There is no way you can honestly think that your marriage is forever.

On the contrary. It is the very reason we have stayed married. Unforeseen circumstances are better faced with a partner you trust. What better way to trust someone than many years together?

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Maybe you're perfect right now. Maybe you don't wanna ruin that. I think that's a super philosophy, Michael, that way you can go through your entire life without ever having to really know anybody.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Maybe you're perfect right now. Maybe you don't wanna ruin that. I think that's a super philosophy, Michael, that way you can go through your entire life without ever having to really know anybody.
Jesus Christ, dude. You really don't know me. I'm the first person in the world that will tell you I am not perfect. I do KNOW people besides myself. I like people. I am pretty happy now but am open to something that would make me happier if based on facts.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm on board with the marriage thing if it doesn't involve my money if things don't work out. Tell me that's wrong and how.

Soooo.....you are not willing to put your money where your mouth is? Ok. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to get married.

One word.

Commitment.

The twentieth century concept of romantic love is fickle.
At best.

Commitment is forever.

100% agree. It's going all in. This is why taking the time to date and find the right person is very important and takes work.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
So if you and her had stayed together and never married what would be different?
For us there would just be a very close friendship. In otherwords, I would not have my two children. Call us what you want, but we were the rare couple that reserved sex for marriage.

Don't get me wrong, I tried. I'm a guy. My wife is hot. However, she made sure we kept our standards and morals. Me as a young man... I'm a guy.

Would I love her any less without being married? Not at all. She would still be my world. If something were to happen today and I lost her, I do not see myself looking to find another woman to take her place (It takes a brave woman to deal with my crap).

Marriage for me was a commitment that shows my complete and devout love. No exceptions. She was and is the one. When we got married I completely gave myself to her, and vice versa.

Marriage is not a 50/50 deal. Both the man and woman must give 100%. It is not easy.

I'm an open book. Ask me anything you would like. You don't have to agree with me, but I will answer. I will even admit to screwing up; a lot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I'm still not getting it. Why does marriage justify your love? Why can't you be in love and not invite Uncle Sam and religion into it?
You can be in love and stay with a person the rest of your life without marriage. However, if you want true devotion, marriage speaks louder than words.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
So if you and her had stayed together and never married what would be different?
his kids would be bastards in the eyes of the law

And to answer your question, I just know my marriage is forever. 25 years and counting. You’ll know when the right one comes along. Just be honest with yourselves.
people change over time. Sometimes you find out that in spite of how you felt at the beginning you can’t live with the results of some of those changes

Yes. Get rid of alimony and sharing of assets if divorce occurs. If those things could happen I would be way on board with marriage.
that won’t happen for awhile yet. But if she works during your marriage alimoney is not likely to be awarded. If you can keep the split at least somewhat amicable division of assets is not that much of a problem either, if no kids involved things are easier

keep you money separate from the marital assets and get a prenup if you have that much to worry about

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I know that I've responded to a lot, but I will try to sum up with this;

Marriage in my opinion is a religious institution. It is a commitment, or covenant made before God between a man and a woman.

I understand that the government has stuck their nose into marriage, just as they have everything else. I could not care less about what any State or Country establishes marriage as though; for me it is a promise to love and care for my wife before God.

Do I think I have failed? Absolutely. I could be 10 times the man I am and not live up to what my wife deserves.

What about divorce and religion? Does religion, more specifically Christianity, prohibit divorce? No, it doesn't. We are directed away from divorce, but not judged or defined by such.

We can get into Biblical studies if you would like, but I'm not sure that is what you are looking for.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
This March my wife and I will be together for 22 years and married 16 years of that time.

About a year ago we talked about how we maybe wouldn't marry if we did it all over again. We'd still be faithful and grow old together.

Taxes would be less and we don't have children. No regrets on our decisions, it was just a casual conversation we talked about.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread