So you want Brembo brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

clinton2003

Established Member
I'd call before you order them, confirm what your doing and what your buying for. make sure they fit. if they are not sure, could always take the chance, just make sure threads are correct and it should work, even if you have to massage the line a bit. :)

jbou91

Established Member
I have 4 reman calipers available and a pair of rotors if anyone is interested... All new

bceeezy

Established Member
Since this thread had been revived, just remember that these are probably not real brembos. Before when they were in high demand they were real reams, but that isn't the case anymore. I purchased from both AutoZone and advanced Auto parts and they didn't have the fomoco stamp on them. While I can't attest to the structural integrity of these, I ended up going the route that Coz went and purchased the real ones through a ford dealership. They could work the same, but it was just peace of mind that I had the real ones. Brakes really aren't things I want to take chances on. I wouldn't want to save a couple hundred on something as important as this

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jbou91

Established Member
Since this thread had been revived, just remember that these are probably not real brembos. Before when they were in high demand they were real reams, but that isn't the case anymore. I purchased from both AutoZone and advanced Auto parts and they didn't have the fomoco stamp on them. While I can't attest to the structural integrity of these, I ended up going the route that Coz went and purchased the real ones through a ford dealership. They could work the same, but it was just peace of mind that I had the real ones. Brakes really aren't things I want to take chances on. I wouldn't want to save a couple hundred on something as important as this

You do realize they are remanufactured, right?

lol

bceeezy

Established Member

lol
I definitely saw the word remanufactured and thought the same thing and was trying to convince myself the same. But if they were remanned, would they go through all the trouble to shave off the fomoco emblems and all? It's been debated in this thread thoroughly, so I'm just giving my two cents. As said before, they may perform the same, so maybe I'm the dummy for spending a bit more for the branded thing, but hell, I don't mind spending a little bit more for it

clinton2003

Established Member

lol
that doesnt mean the fomo should be gone... if the casting has been ground down then there could be weak spots. I'd assume the'd work fine, but thats your life.

that being said, I am thinking about selling my Brembo's... They came off a 2013 Boss 302. Hit me up if your interested. Probably should get some race brakes and try to shave some weight out of the car.... 3900lbs is a bit heavy HA

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
The ones from AutoZone, Cardone, etc are all new-build from China.

There is no standard definition of "remanufactured" and it has led to all sorts of deceptive and sometimes fradulent claims.

If you are using them on the street you can probably get away with it with no issues. If you have any intent to take your car on any HPDE course, I would totally avoid them.

bceeezy

Established Member
The ones from AutoZone, Cardone, etc are all new-build from China.

There is no standard definition of "remanufactured" and it has led to all sorts of deceptive and sometimes fradulent claims.

If you are using them on the street you can probably get away with it with no issues. If you have any intent to take your car on any HPDE course, I would totally avoid them.

Exactly.

Additionally, I bought two separate sets actually hopeful that I would see some kind of chips, grind marks, or any kind of wear that would indicate they were remans. I found no such thing and returned them on two separate occasions.

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
The caliper retainers and caliper mounts are only for 2-piston front sliding calipers or 1-piston rear sliding calipers.

Be careful on the S550 front brakes. The base S550s have Ford 4-piston calipers that are impressive looking but are not Brembos. The PP S550s have real Brembos.

The distinction is critical if you intend to track your car since the Ford 4-pistons have an unusual rotor design in that the rotor hub is ventilated on the outside rather that the inside (spindle side). Therefore, you cannot run a brake duct to it for cooling. Braking performance will not last long on a road course track day.

The S550 PP Brembo calipers will work with the 13-14 GT500 15" rotors which can be cooled from the inside.

OX1

Established Member
The S550 PP Brembo calipers will work with the 13-14 GT500 15" rotors which can be cooled from the inside.

S550's base GT calipers will work with S197 PP rotors also, with slight shimming of caliper.

MOTORCITYBADBOY

Established Member
I say don't be cheap over a couple hundred bucks. Get the real factory parts to put on your high performance Mustang...

I have a complete brand new factory Brembo set, including new rotors and splash shields, that came off a Boss 302. Have a guy that is interested locally, but if he doesn't come through soon they will be available for $750+shipping.

Was going to put them on my '12 GT, but I got a Roush with the Brembos already on.

Go here for pics> https://lynchburg.craigslist.org/pts/d/mustang-brembo-brake-kit/6662448214.html

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I just need the passenger side caliper. Someone sell me he passenger seat de caliper! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread