SoCal Helicopter Flight with my Grandmother

CobraMac

Established Member
That's awesome. We sent my grandfather in a WW2 bomber (forgettting the exact one right now) and he had a similar reaction. His only experience with them was providing close air support with the RAF so he had never been in or flown in one. Experiences like this should be a priority in life IMO.

That is so awesome! I totally agree, I feel everyone should experience things like this in their lifetime! I really took for granted where I live until I started flying years ago. Very blessed.

I've really missed your videos. That was awesome that you got to take your grandmother for a ride. You made her very happy. Thanks for sharing that wonderful family experience with us.

Thank you so much Bob! So glad to see you're doing great! Stay tuned because I'm going to be filming a lot more, the next few will be with 4 GoPros and have some awesome point of view shots from the pilots seat!

Damn it's been a long time man! Blast from the past!! Good to see you're doing well and posting again brotha!

No joke Chris!! I'm back and back for good!! I hope people youve been amazing! Still with the Coast Guard??

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yep still in the CG going strong. Deploying a lot now, but it's only for another 2yrs then I'm done with deployments. What car do you have now?

G-STANG

Established Member
Cool video and a great way to see the sights in a short amount of time with an great view. What would a ride like this cost ?

CobraMac

Established Member
Yep still in the CG going strong. Deploying a lot now, but it's only for another 2yrs then I'm done with deployments. What car do you have now?

Wow they still have you deploying?! Well let's hope these 2 years fly by for you! Right now all I have is my daily driver...it's time to get me a new car this summer! We bought a new home and my wife a new car this last year so now it's my turn :)

Cool video and a great way to see the sights in a short amount of time with an great view. What would a ride like this cost ?

Thank you!
Usually that type of flight would cost around $220-$300 per person. It's an hour and a half flight!

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome vid! So what have you done with your license? Besides the R-XX, what else have you flown? Still very jelly of your videos.

CobraMac

Established Member
Awesome vid! So what have you done with your license? Besides the R-XX, what else have you flown? Still very jelly of your videos.

Thank you very much! Well I have my CFII and teach in the Robinsons. I also have time in the EC120, AS350(H125), and MD500

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is it more difficult to fly a helicopter than a plane? I thought someone once told me that was the case.

CobraMac

Established Member
Is it more difficult to fly a helicopter than a plane? I thought someone once told me that was the case.

Great question Bob! All pilots no matter what they fly are extremely talented. That being said I fell it is more difficult flying helicopters than fixed wing. In a helicopter you are using all 4 limbs at all times and controls have different aerodynamic affects in a hover than forward flight. Also when hovering, each control affects the other (this is with no wind...so add in wind and it's even more difficult). This means that when hovering, you're constantly moving and adjusting all four controls. It's a blast! You'll be able to see this all when I do a POV video and can see all of the movements and adjustments I make to all of the controls!

Users who are viewing this thread