Solar panels

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
And your solution is? I know it's not wind turbines.

As long as I brought them up... What a god-awful site on the horizon as you travel through our beautiful Republic.
If Nukes became the go to... Molten Salt Thorium Reactors would the way to go. But IIRC, They cant be weaponized... So the gooberment doesnt want them. This is not new tech, It was explored in the 60s.

As of right now, Fast Ramp Combined Cycle Combustion Turbines are the way to go. They can also be adapted to Run on an H2 blend to help reduce emissions.

Bottom line, Until we figure out fusion, Fossil Fuels aren't going anywhere.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
If you do a lease, which is what I have and sounds like what you're considering, the solar company is responsible for all maintenance and repairs so that is not a concern.
I don't see a bill from my electric company from March through August and during the summer months my electric bill was $300 - 400 dollars so its a nice savings for me during that time.
It obviously doesn't perform as well during the fall and winter months but I do still see a small savings.
Now having said that I regret doing this for the simple fact I hate having these things on my roof and a lot of problems can happen in 25 years, which is the term of the lease.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
No no no.
All you're doing is replacing your electric bill with a solar panel bill.
It's a global scam.
My neighbor sells it and I repeatedly tell him to "get ****ed" when he tries to sell it to me. His panels are 15 years old, not paid off yet, and he is upgrading them this summer. What an ass.

Tezz500

Established Member
If you do a lease, which is what I have and sounds like what you're considering, the solar company is responsible for all maintenance and repairs so that is not a concern.
I don't see a bill from my electric company from March through August and during the summer months my electric bill was $300 - 400 dollars so its a nice savings for me during that time.
It obviously doesn't perform as well during the fall and winter months but I do still see a small savings.
Now having said that I regret doing this for the simple fact I hate having these things on my roof and a lot of problems can happen in 25 years, which is the term of the lease.
Whats the lease agreement say about you selling the home? Is the new buyer obligated to pick up the lease?

Last edited:

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Solar is a fickle bitch. Where do you live? Is there a lot of days of sun? Whatever numbers they give you, you can probably cut in half.

I have solar on my 5th wheel and used that for a year while building our house. Needless to say, we ran the generator a lot. Panels will be rated for so many watts. You'll get 80% of that and that will drop after the first year or so. About the time it starts paying off, you'll have to start replacing batteries, panels etc.

It can work, in the right conditions and situation, but I wouldn't count on huge savings.

Madison, WI area. I even have played a role in designing BESS systems to store energy generated by solar arrays. For the most part these arrays were built in Texas or Nevada or Southern California.

The investor owned utility did put up a ton of panels only a few miles away from me us but who knows if they were getting federal money to do so.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Appreciate all the responses, I figured this was too good to be true considering that anything that requires a door to door salesman means that the product isn't good enough to sell itself.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Whats the lease agreement say about you selling he home? Is the new buyer obligated to pick up the lease?

I would have to look at the contract but I believe that is the case. I'll never say never but I don't plan on selling so that's not a concern for me right now.

Tezz500

Established Member
I would have to look at the contract but I believe that is the case. I'll never say never but I don't plan on selling so that's not a concern for me right now.
We walked away from a few houses that had this stipulation.

To Play Devil's Advocate..... As a Prepper.... a full solar set up with battery storage would be pretty bad ass to have....

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
yea, some people in FL are finding out that their insurance dropped them after finding out about panels due to where they are installed(roof).

I know my parents house had a solar heater for the pool years ago. He had to replace the roof later on as the leaks started in the area where they installed the panels incorrectly.

To me, "sounds good, doesn't work" when adding variables like insurance, maintenance, storms, and the cost if you do want to sell.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Whats the lease agreement say about you selling the home? Is the new buyer obligated to pick up the lease?
Pretty much. When I bought my house I found out about the solar lien and promptly cancelled my offer, reduced it by $40k, and re-offered. They accepted it.

MG0h3

Established Member

Doesn’t matter what the contract between the solar company and original buyer is. That’s their deal.

If a home owner owes 50k on their solar panels and wants to sell their home, they have to work it out with any potential buyers.

You’d have to find a buyer that wants solar or you eat it.

Then there’s the issue of appraised value. The panels do not raise the appraised value of the home equivalent to cost or anywhere close. So the new buyers can’t get a loan to cover the panels.

Every realtor I know hates dealing with it. Many deals fail over them.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Tezz500

Established Member
Doesn’t matter what the contract between the solar company and original buyer is. That’s their deal.
It matters if you want to sell your house and can't sell it because no one wants to eat the bs solar agreement.

Youre either paying it off.

Lowering the price of your home.

or the Buyer is assuming the loan.

It adds a hurdle to buying/selling a home that no one wants to deal with.

MG0h3

Established Member
It matters if you want to sell your house and can't sell it because no one wants to eat the bs solar agreement.

Youre either paying it off.

Lowering the price of your home.

or the Buyer is assuming the loan.

It adds a hurdle to buying/selling a home that no one wants to deal with.

That’s exactly what I’m saying

You asked what the contract with the solar company says.

It doesn’t matter. If it says anything about you selling the home, it’ll say you still owe them.

You signed the contract. You owe the money whether you own the house or sell it.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Great.

Gov funded power.

Same as welfare. Congrats.

Without the Fed welfare, this shit is garbage.

That's nothing! Carbon Credits are is another cash cow. Farm land is being leased to plant trees to produce the credits. 100s of thousands of dollars to take the farmland of food production and create Carbon Credits.

Tezz500

Established Member
That's nothing! Carbon Credits are is another cash cow. Farm land is being leased to plant trees to produce the credits. 100s of thousands of dollars to take the farmland of food production and create Carbon Credits.
Let me know if you want to get the scoop on "ZECs."
(Zero Emissions Credits)

It's the only way the NJ Nukes have stayed competitive. Imagine if the NJ tax payer realized he was subsidizing energy for PA, DE, MD, NY residents. LOL. SUCKERS!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
yea, some people in FL are finding out that their insurance dropped them after finding out about panels due to where they are installed(roof).

I know my parents house had a solar heater for the pool years ago. He had to replace the roof later on as the leaks started in the area where they installed the panels incorrectly.

To me, "sounds good, doesn't work" when adding variables like insurance, maintenance, storms, and the cost if you do want to sell.
Yeah, and some of the roofing and shingle companies are voiding warranties too.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Let me know if you want to get the scoop on "ZECs."
(Zero Emissions Credits)

It's the only way the NJ Nukes have stayed competitive. Imagine if the NJ tax payer realized he was subsidizing energy for PA, DE, MD, NY residents. LOL. SUCKERS!
That seems like a melt down radius of States. You sure their not just paying it forward. Crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread