Sold my GT350R, bought something a bit faster...

TimB

Established Member
Cool, do you guys have a membership at A27?
Yes
Austin, I have some photos somewhere of the axles and their corresponding part numbers. If I remember correctly, they are or were GT350 axles but don't quote me on it until I can verify that.
The original axles are a 19 production part , the replacements are the G Force 850hp axle

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
TimB said:
The original axles are a 19 production part , the replacements are the G Force 850hp axle

Not sure how the earlier GT4 cars would have had a part that didn't exist yet. Are you saying that your GT4 car came with the '19 axles? As far as the G-Force axles now being used, I haven't seen anywhere that shows them as being allowed (but that doesn't mean it wasn't done internally and any approval simply hasn't been shown from the sanctioning body). Furthermore, they are a bit heavier than the stock GT350 axles. I'll see if they are approved for use in the IMSA Continental series or if Multimatic is using/supplying them for customers that aren't constrained by the SRO rulebook. Watkins Glen is coming up and I'll be digging deeper straight from the teams themselves.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Ben, I see you posted the car on IG. Please post some onboard video, i want to hear that exhaust from the source.

Thanks for sharing!

TimB

Established Member
Not sure how the earlier GT4 cars would have had a part that didn't exist yet. Are you saying that your GT4 car came with the '19 axles? As far as the G-Force axles now being used, I haven't seen anywhere that shows them as being allowed (but that doesn't mean it wasn't done internally and any approval simply hasn't been shown from the sanctioning body). Furthermore, they are a bit heavier than the stock GT350 axles. I'll see if they are approved for use in the IMSA Continental series or if Multimatic is using/supplying them for customers that aren't constrained by the SRO rulebook. Watkins Glen is coming up and I'll be digging deeper straight from the teams themselves.
Yes they are heavier and the axles were provided to me from Multimatic as an update.
The PWC cars are on the G Force axles and IMSA cars are on production axles with different boots.

TimB

Established Member
Sorry , typo, meant 18 GT350

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
1:44? How’s it feel?

Will you be out on Sunday as well?

Later improved to 1:42.9 :)

And yes, I'll be out tomorrow (Sunday) as well, trying to better that time.

What a car!!

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Nice!

To give a little perspective to other readers, I timed a c7z06 and 991.1 GT3 running .56 and .57 respectively a few years ago...

I have some fun incar video of chasing down and passing a Viper ACR Extreme, a GT3RS, and a C7 Z06. It's child's play in this Mustang.

Users who are viewing this thread