Sold my GT350R, bought something a bit faster...

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
It’s gotta be awesome knowing a car you’ve purchased is being hand assembled in a surgery-like setting.

Closest I have ever been to that is assembling a model and watching it come to life one plastic snap at a time.

Those pictures are killer.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Did you buy this too? Seriously, it sounds like they are describing you Ben lol.

Ferrari shows one-off SP38

Ferrari shows one-off SP38

Based on the 488 GTB, the car was commissioned by a client with a passion for racing.

Ferrari has revealed its latest one-off creation, known as the SP38 and based on the chassis and running gear of the 488 GTB.

A client "with a deep passion for racing" worked with the Ferrari Design Center to create all-new bodywork that clearly distinguishes the SP38 from its donor car.

Designers were directed to take inspiration from the iconic F40. The resulting shape concentrates its visual mass over the rear wheels and extends to a strongly tapered nose with thin headlights. On the side, the 488's air scoop is concealed.

"The dynamic styling continues over the engine cover, which sheds its rear glass and is treated as a flip-up assembly in carbon fiber with shutlines slashing the flanks in a gesture directly reminiscent of the F40's," Ferrari says.

The car will make its first public appearance at the Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este on Saturday.

Machdup1

Established Member
Ferrari posted it on IG...thank god it wasn’t you Ben, that thing is fugly.
It’s beautiful. Any Ferrari one off or limited edition model is epic. It is like you are on a date with a supermodel and she brought three of her supermodel friends on the date with her because she wants your evening to be perfect.

Is that a one off color as well? Does not look like normal Ferrari red.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The build is coming along beautifully. Just a few more weeks now.

GT4 spec is 450 BHP. But I'm not running in a GT4 series at the moment, so this bad boy has just dyno'd at 585 BHP :D

2018_05_28_MTC_GT4_TOR_1067.jpeg
2018_05_28_MTC_GT4_TOR_1015.jpeg
2018_05_28_MTC_GT4_TOR_1128.jpeg

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Nice. I’m dumb and slow after failing to install a garage door opener tonight...but is that a dry sump on there?

Good eye! It's a custom Roush Yates motor - 5.2L, 32V, cross-plane crank, dry sump, "voodoo" heads, Bosch motorsport engine management. ZF dual-plate clutch, Holinger sequential transmission with paddle shifters. Pretty sweet setup for going fast around the track :)

Users who are viewing this thread