Sold our home!

C2tuck

Established Member
Thats awesome. Congrats!

My wife bought our house about 20 years ago. It was rough and she remodeled it mostly herself, then we remodeled it again years later. Had a fire start in our detached garage in 2015 (30# propane tanks go boom) and remodeled it once again.

House is over 100 years old and the only thing original are the studs and wood floors.

Just put in a pool. Told her the next thing we’re doing to it is listing it…for a mil.

I’ll go build us a barndo on the lake.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
In addition to offering over the asking price, I’m amazed by the number of sellers who say the offers are being accepted after the buyer waves an inspection.

How do you purchase (likely) one of the most expensive things in your life and just hope there’s nothing horribly wrong with it?

Yea, it's getting idiotic for some buyers to waive an inspection. Maybe not on homes like the OPs but I've seen some waive them for 20+ year old homes to "win" the house.

I don't know how some mortgage companies allow that either.

Blown 89

Established Member
I don't know how some mortgage companies allow that either.
Yet somehow we're being told there aren't any shenanigans going on like in 06. I just read today that Phoenix home prices are going up 3% per month. Not year, month. The entire market from top to bottom is rife with irresponsibility

ATX5.0

Established Member
I have a friend that lives in the driftwood area. Bad ass houses there for sure and great way of taking advantage of the ridiculous housing market.

quad

Established Member
I told my wife that we are a crazy offer away from living in a travel trailer on our property. She wasn't amused. haha
Can you upgrade the travel trailer with a bidet? Women love that! My wife has been bugging me a lot about getting one. I'll leave that for an addition / remodel. ;)

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Damnit, this thread is making me considering listing my place again. I'd probably build a warehouse for my junk and a dock on the TN River, duplicate it on the St John's River and live on a boat.

I told my wife that we are a crazy offer away from living in a travel trailer on our property. She wasn't amused. haha

I could handle a few months in the RV right about now.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Our place has about doubled in value since we bought in 2017. I have floated the idea of selling and living in our trailer for awhile but my wife is too attached to the animals we have and I don't think I can do 3 cats and 2 big dogs in a 38' box 5th wheel. Not to mention the 3 kids. Lol

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Hoping to put ours up for sale in the next couple weeks. Don’t think I’ll get anywhere near what I put into it. Just a limited market for bigger houses in our area. And just broke ground on a much bigger house 30 miles away where I’d have no problems selling. All about location unfortunately

Way2QWK

Established Member
Hell of a profit there Driftwood. Wife and I have been actively looking to get out of Arizona and start new in the Dallas/Rockwell Texas area but prices are insane for what we want to make the jump. Every house on an acre or more lot in sept 2020 was up 30-50% more when I visited for 4th of july. Looks like im stuck in Az for a while longer.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Just to update this thread.

We bought 7 acres lakeside in Arkansas (just land), and recently purchased 5.2 acres with a very comparable home (2850 sq ft, built in 2017, features) about 25 miles out from where we just sold, for $800k.

The land was a cash purchase. The home we put 80% down, and kept a ton in the bank.

Oh, and the new place has this:
Shop 1.jpg

Zemedici

Established Member
man....congrats 100 times over man.

I'm TRYING To convince the wife to do the same, we can put 6 figures in the bank and get a fresh start somewhere at the same time. Im not winning currently....hahahha

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Just to update this thread.

We bought 7 acres lakeside in Arkansas (just land), and recently purchased 5.2 acres with a very comparable home (2850 sq ft, built in 2017, features) about 25 miles out from where we just sold, for $800k.

The land was a cash purchase. The home we put 80% down, and kept a ton in the bank.

Oh, and the new place has this: View attachment 1723701

Nice. Which lake?

Users who are viewing this thread