Sold the 00 Truck

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Well Since I don't post much over here any more. I have sold the 00 Truck a few weeks ago and is back in Texas with it's new owner. I have now got me a Project truck that consist of a 93 Ford Lightning. So far we have done a ton of free work minus the oil change that had not been done in over a year. When we took the rusted out tube bumper off, it was in 3 piece's. Also it had a Uhal tow assembly on there also that had rusted through and we had to take a torch to get the bolts off. I spent a entire day taking out the seats,carpet to clean up the cab. You can see from the pictures it was bad. Also I took off the chrome bed rails and tie down deals as they looked like crap on the truck. We have short detail on the motor to get most of the dirt and grime out of the engine bay. I also put some Nu Finish on the cab,hood and doors to bring some of the color back. I had to replace the wiper motor a few days ago. So that was the first major fix I had to do. I have a new battery tray,cup holders for the console and working air vents on the way. Once that gets here I will be putting in a new battery since it was replaced back in 05. I do need to replace the back window since the driver side was busted out by a tree that landed on the truck. It does have all the usual rust spots from living outside in Kansas winters. I do need to drop the front tank and see how bad the leak is and if it's repairable or I need to get a whole new tank. The next major purchase is a New rear window. It was broken out a while ago when a tree fell over on the truck sitting in the driveway. But I don't care what it looks like right now, it will be a very nice ride once we get done with it. The best thing about the whole Project, The truck is paid for and I have the Title in Hand. I have more pictures after it was cleaned up, but I can't find them after I uploaded them.

DSC00947.jpg

DSC00946.jpg

DSC00948.jpg

DSC00949.jpg

DSC00950.jpg

DSC00961.jpg

DSC00956.jpg

DSC00955.jpg

DSC00954.jpg

DSC00953.jpg

DSC00957.jpg

DSC00958.jpg

DSC00959.jpg

DSC00966.jpg

EngineBay3.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Yeah I found out today for some reason the light above the rear window on the outside stays on even with the doors closed. So I had to take the bulb out so it would not run the battery down. But this is a work in progress so I'm not to worried about some things needing fixed. I am only concerned about the truck being safe out on the road for now. Cosmetics will come later.

Bootie

Established Member
She's definetely a project but with alot of potential. It might be worth taking out the bedliner too. There could possibly be some nasty stuff up under there.

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
Hard to believe that truck was even a "special" vehicle.. looks like it was treated like and every day POS... Good on ya for bringin her back!

ecoastkid

Established Member
Awesome to see you bringing it back from what looks like the brink of being crushed..lol

Good luck with it! Keep posting the progress

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Little Update

Got New A/C vents,Console cup inserts and a new battery tray. I hope to get the new A/C vents put in on Sunday along with painting the rear end and exhaust tips so they look a little better for the time being.

NewBatteryTray.jpg

NewConsoleInserts.jpg

NewAirVents.jpg

We then put the new batter tray in along with a New battery.
NewBattery.jpg

Cut out a non working wiring harness for aftermarket fog lights that have never worked.
FoglightwiringHarness.jpg

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Little more Progress

Well it's been a while since I posted any news about the Project truck. Since I posted up last I have done quite a few more things.

New Drives Side Latch Cable
New Spark Plugs
New Door Sills
Half the A/C vents Installed
New Ignition Switch and Ignition Key
Quote for the Rust repair
New Alternator and Belt

This Saturday is a short day for me so I am hoping to get the Front Tank dropped as well as work on restoring my Headlights. In a few weeks, we will be replacing the rear window that got put back due to the Alternator going bad last weekend. I did get a grinder and started on the rust repair on the front bumper and got some primer on the panels to help with the Rust until I can get it fixed sometime after Xmas. Tires I hope can go on after the Window is replaced.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
The Latest update on the Project:

New Plug Wires
Rear Tires
New Front Shocks
Restored the Headlights
New Rear Window
Put in the Other two A/C vents
New Bearings,seals on the front

If I am off on Sunday, I am going to try and do the Rear shocks.

Pics can be found here.
[ame=http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23212]Project Dirty Dog - Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com[/ame]

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Well do the the very cold weather we had when I was going to do the Rear shocks, they haven't got done yet. But I did finally get new Front tires and got the spare of the front. Got a lead on a center cap for that wheel. The previous owner said he kept loosing them all time. He said he had one in the Garage for it, just didn't know were it was at.

Users who are viewing this thread