Sold the L for a Dodge

BlownBolt

Doesn't Care
Established Member
Well I had to make a grown up decision, im graduating from high school this year and going to college 2 hours away. The Lightning is'nt practical enough to take to school, i would probably hurt myself or someone else in it at school anyway, so i bought an 07 Dodge 1500 Quad Cab payments are $301.70 a month for 60 so i think i got a good deal and i can afford it while im in school. Its no Lightning but i think its nice looking.

240684993.jpg

240684984.jpg

I miss my lightning already. As soon as i can afford to have a dd and a lightning hopefully next year i will buy another lightning (a Black one) and take it the whole way (KB built motor ect.) so this is really just a temporary truck untill i can afford a lightning again. I dont think I will ever be able to leave these forums so i still will be posting and shareing some knowledge of lightnings to noobs and sharing pics of my new truck with you guys.
Thanks

Eds01Lightning

Established Member
Bet you won't get much, if any, better gas mileage! But, at least you can haul your buddies around....Sometimes, you have too do what you have to do! Good luck!:thumbsup:

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
I understand the reasons you had to trade your L. no offense but that is one ugly truck, should have gotten a new f-150. $0.02

Leeroy697

Established Member
I had a chance to lease one last year for 210 a month loaded but it went against everything that I believe in so I didnt do it. There not that bad but just not my cup of tea. I second the f150.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Wait wait wait, you sold your Lightning....and you're getting out of high school?! That's the BEST time to have one!

Eh, I do understand the idea though, I suppose. At least you were able to look at what you were getting into and make a mature decision. Congrats on the new truck.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
what about that 07 gt500 in your avatar. It says you have a lightning and gt500. I wouldnt be upset. you have the best of both worlds

What the hell makes one of those ugly Dodge trucks more practical than an Lightning? You talk about the Dodge like its a family car or something. Fuel consumption is in the same ball park and you're stuck with a $300 payment for the next 60 months. Oh yea, wise decision there future college bound man.

8sm

HELE in 321
Established Member
If this is for real.....anything with a warranty while in school is a good move. You can always pickup another L when more practical. Good luck with college, the first year is crazy and usually the most costly as far as academic drops outs. Becareful, stay focused, have fun and keep making those grown up decisions.

p.s. I like the dodge it looks nice, however did you consider the F-150? Perhaps you ran into a salesman ha ha....

Congrats..........8sm

BlownBolt

Doesn't Care
Established Member
01cobravortech said:
What the hell makes one of those ugly Dodge trucks more practical than an Lightning? You talk about the Dodge like its a family car or something. Fuel consumption is in the same ball park and you're stuck with a $300 payment for the next 60 months. Oh yea, wise decision there future college bound man.

1. I wouldnt trust my self in a lightning on a college campus
2. 18mpg
3. Has a lot more room.
4. 4x4, we have snow around here.
5. Dont have to run high test.
6. No rediculous insurence payment.
7. No more mod bug
8. A warranty
9. What is your problem
Your right what was i thinking?:smmon:

Last edited:

BlownBolt

Doesn't Care
Established Member
As for the F150 they didnt really have any good rebates at the time and for and for my taste i think you have to have pretty loaded up one for it to look good. The f150 was a lot more money and had less power.

Gt500 is my dads i just drive it more then him.

Last edited:

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
I've been there too, have to trade down sometimes but you'll be back. No reason to spend a shit ton of cash on something that you won't be keeping.

I'd love to have a 300/mo. payment, LOL. Good luck in college! :beer:

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
I don't understand the ridiculous ins. part. It should be no more for the L than the new goat is. I understand the part about the snow. Better to salt down a goat than and L. Ya'll hurry back now, ya hear.

Users who are viewing this thread