• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Some advise/input on job prospects

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by Ginsu, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Ginsu

Ginsu New Member Established Member

I need some input from those who may have applied with and or worked for a couple companies and these companies are in two different career fields. The first is Cigna, which would be a sales position in employee benefits insurance and the other is with ABF in a management training program.

A little background on me, I am a Marine veteran and have a business degree from an accredited university. Currently I am an insurance agent at an independent agency. My compensation is prodominately commission with a small base and I have been in it for less than a year. The conclusion that I have come to is that this is not what I want to do (i.e. working as an agent) and I want to cut my losses before I have too much invested in this job. I have few benefits, my income is very unpredictable and I can not afford to wait for the income potential of this job to get better.

The ee benefits job is also a sales job with commission and from what I have learned about an ee benefits job, the compensation is more predictable and stable. A management training job that will later lead to a management position is appealing because I know that my military background would be useful.

So I wanted to ask those who have some insight in both career fields (and companies) if you could help with what a job is like in both careers and companies. What did you like/dislike, benefits, pay, etc.

Thank you!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  2. FordSVTFan

FordSVTFan Oh, the humanity of it all. Established Member

You should become a cop. :D