Some day runs (5.0 vs KB 2V)

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
5.0 Mods: Bassani cat back, short shifter, intake, hand held tune (Passenger) Curb weight is 3,605lbs + 2 passengers = 4,065lbs not including gas

KB 2V GT mods: 2.1 Kenne Bell, TB, Intake, full exhaust and built SRA (No passenger) 3323lbs

Both cars on drag radials. Enjoy :beer:

[youtube_browser]-bpiPfOAKrY[/youtube_browser]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bpiPfOAKrY

And a walk a round video of the KB Gt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DclGn-0MOpM

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Great runs. Both cars sound good. But I will say this..

4200lbs my ass, unless you and your passenger are both 300+lbs. A normal premium GT M6 will weigh in at around 3600 give or take 50lbs for fuel, and other options. My base 2013 gt M6 weighs in at 3515 lbs with half a tank of gas(without me in it). A premium is about 75lbs heavier. Also, if the 2v was in fact 3100lbs then it should have seriously pulled you, it would also have to be heavily lightened to get that light as they are normally 3500lbs ish + 80+lbs for the blower. Just sayin.

Last edited:

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member

4200lbs my ass, unless you and your passenger are both 300+lbs. A normal premium GT M6 will weigh in at around 3600 give or take 50lbs for fuel, and other options. My base 2013 gt M6 weighs in at 3515 lbs with half a tank of gas(without me in it). A premium is about 75lbs heavier. Also, if the 2v was in fact 3100lbs then it should have seriously pulled you, it would also have to be heavily lightened to get that light as they are normally 3500lbs ish + 80+lbs for the blower. Just sayin.

Honestly I dont know what they weigh stock (just what the driver told me). I weigh in at 220 and he is about 240 or so. That being said with the weight you said plus me and the driver puts it in at 3975lbs with half a tank of gas (he actually had a full tank) I dont think thats far off from the actual weight

B0B

Established Member

2vs sound badass. my 2v with a procharger weighed 3560 with me in it (200lbs). That was with 530rwhp and it flew. good races, nice even matchup

killbee

Established Member
Wow, lets race in traffic while I look at the camera, not a good race at all.:loser: On the other hand I would really like to see those two go at it down a 1/4 mile track to see what happens on the top end.

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
Great job! Show the weaksauce non PI 2v some love!!:beer:
How much boost??? intercooled? octane??:coolman:

I'll ask on the boost, but just on piss 91.

Wow, lets race in traffic while I look at the camera, not a good race at all.:loser: On the other hand I would really like to see those two go at it down a 1/4 mile track to see what happens on the top end.

Yeah not the brightest thing but we did it as safe as we could in the day. From a dig on the track it would be a drivers race, but with the built sra on the Gt id say he would probably out launch the 5.0

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
2v kirkley seats... Another 100+ lbs off the 2v

5.0 sounds awful \ 2v = sounds sexy

19935.slow

Established Member
It's amazing how much bench racing happens here when a race happens and even when it doesn't!

Good video, good race, and nice cars. 2v ran surprisingly well of course.

Users who are viewing this thread