Some might like it some might not, but kids tend to love it

shelby2

Established Member
Ok, I know it's sacrilege to run lights on our cars, but I really think if done right it can be cool. Besides I went into the military in early mid nineties, and this was all the rage. Back then there was no led lights, ony neon lights, which broke often (expensive suckers too) and only covered a little of the car. Oh how technology has changed from way back when. Led strip lights are cheap, long lasting, and with protective coverings and wide flexibility, the whole care underneath can have lights. Add black adhesive to black led strips and they are hardly even noticeable from underneath, and will stay on straight and true till you want to remove.. I spent a full couple of days recently and ran them cleanly, and hooked them up to a 2 channel remote which was cheap as dirt as well, which I hidden near the ABS system. They work great, and are completely stealthy. The true color is blue to match the car, but photos on the IPhone distort the light a little. Wife and I dig them, father not so much. I was at a cruse for kids with cancer, and let the kids get in the car, and the last girl was all smiles, as she got out I asked her if she liked the Shelby. She said she loved it, and I said the car must of loved her too, because you lit it up (just then I squeezed the trigger in my pocket) and the car lit up blue. She was amazed and her mom started to cry. It was worth all the work for just that moment. Oh I did see the new press releases for the 2017 GT350 and Ford put lights on that car, so maybe it's going to make a come back? Or for the haters, it could be a cool lure when fishing for those Honda's.:dw:

Attachments

• IMG_1924.JPG
    IMG_1924.JPG
    734.2 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_1930.JPG
    IMG_1930.JPG
    724.8 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_1925.JPG
    IMG_1925.JPG
    766.6 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_1927.JPG
    IMG_1927.JPG
    705.6 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_1929.JPG
    IMG_1929.JPG
    720.5 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Duddddddeeeee......................................:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Pretty sure we're gonna need your Mustang card back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I have to say our new Nissan has the dealer installed undercar light kit, and I really like it. Volvo also offers this, probably others too. They are only white, but are definitely a convenience and safety enhancer. Parking in dark areas, getting in and out of the car on busy streets, avoiding stepping in big puddles when you are exiting the car, and having a little more light never hurts. So from a practical standpoint, they are a 10 in my book. For car shows and events, I don't consider it tacky.

Driving around the interstate with purple undercar lights, a loud fart can, 2000W sub, going 20mph, rolling on 10" rims with 45 degrees of negative camber, definitely tacky.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I smh the same way others would look down on this guy's car, at those who try to take a $60k, then spend $40k on upgrades, 4000lb GT500, push 900hp yet can't even get out of the tens, put an automatic in, while ripping the interior out, throwing in a cage, blowing up, and spending 1000s of hours and dollars, ending up with a car that can only be driven to its potential 1320 feet at a time, to impress no one.

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I dig em. Not tacky, goes well with the car. If YOU dig em and YOU like the look, then my fellow GT500 owner, thats the only damn thing that matters. Looks very clean. :)

sweetlou1182

Established Member
I'm picturing VCRs and DVD players being stolen out of an 18 wheeler by vin diesel haha

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Beautiful example of a RARE Super Snake, 1 of the 202 NASCAR 427 models!!

I also love the newer style Super Snake wheels on the earlier car. <<I think all 2007-2014 Super Snakes get these wheels now that the Alcoa's are gone.

The lights? No big deal to me, it's your car, the lights can be on when you flip a switch and they can be off (no sign that they are there when you flip the switch again). I seriously doubt that it required butchering your car (cutting, drilling, welding, grinding) to install them, so from a value standpoint, what is a few tie wraps and some lights? They are what YOU want on YOUR car. If/when you decide they need to not be there anymore, they go away without a trace. All is well.

............and in the end, you still have 1 of only 202 instead of 1 of XXXXX...............<<Many of which are "also" modded to the owners tastes./desires.

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Of course we can't forget the whole reason why the NASCAR 427 Super Snake package was offered.............

Picture169.jpg

Picture186.jpg

Picture172.jpg

Picture179.jpg

^^^These 427 Super Snakes had "unique" lights also...........on top!

R

Last edited:

merkyworks

Established Member
The grille light isn't bad but not really a fan of the underside lighting. Really it's the import scenes over usage of underside lighting that has really ruined it for me. But hey to each there own I say.

tangermean

Established Member
Actually would be a great Idea if they were just white lights and you could turn them on when parking in dark areas to see curbs and such. beyond that they arent for me.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
1999 call and it want's it's Streetglow™ light kit back.

But, whatever floats your boat man.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
1999 call and it want's it's Streetglow™ light kit back.

But, whatever floats your boat man.

LOL. I will agree with OP on one thing, modern LED lighting is awesome. I had a buddy with a low rider Monte Carlo that had neon and I think over 4yrs it never once had all the lights working at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread