Some track videos/incar's from past couple outings

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Finally got this new combo sorted out after some LONG downtime, about 4 years after loosing an oil pump. Fairly basic combo, Teksid 9:1, Stock Heads, Comp 3 cams, 6 speed, IRS, and KB 2.8H.

1st weekend netted a new best ET & MPH of 9.82 @ 142.6, car was on 23-24psi, and my driving was off, suspension was off, tire pressure off, and was generally and off day. It was the 1st time I had driven the car down the track in 4 years. The air was rediculously good during the day, and dipped into the negatives for DA for a pass, but was mainly 200-300ft all day. Typical Alaska springtime air...

Incar video...
https://youtu.be/oT2mgBYaHY4

Outside video...
https://youtu.be/BA0eCiwBd-U

Came back the next weekend. Added 2psi in boost, made some tire pressure and suspension changes, and the car responded pretty well to another new best of 9.73 @ 141.6, and a new best 60ft of 1.451 on a rather stock IRS. I also went to a colder plug (br7ef) gapped at .025 for the added boost. Air wasnt nearly as good, and it was spitting rain, and in the low 60's most of the day, probably 500-600ft.

1st Pass, spun 1st, netted a 10.08 @ 140.7, 1.57 60ft, was pleasantly suprised considering it spun, pedaled and got out of the groove.

https://youtu.be/krbmmLCKfZw

2nd pass was the 9.73 pass...
https://youtu.be/hF2KokdXJPE

I still think this combo has some 9.60's in it given the right air, and good shifts, and good 60ft. Small tweaks here and there. Almost time to go solid axle, and have some more fun.

Decent photo taken on the 9.7 pass...

81E0704B-269B-4603-A9A8-FCD76092825E_zpsyhovcezx.jpg

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Allen, that is a really pretty dragstrip. Having that mountain just off the end is gorgeous.

Do you ever have any wildlife traffic problems on the track?

I think that most cars would loose an argument with a moose or bear.

Geno-04

Established Member
Nice runs! 4 years is a long time.....must feel good to get back in the seat.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Thats awesome! A couple questions

1. Whats your Clutch set up?

2. What RPM do you leave at? Dump clutch?

3. I have 28" Hoosier full slicks im going to use. I want Bias ply rubber on my front runners too right? Do you get any top end sway?

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Allen, that is a really pretty dragstrip. Having that mountain just off the end is gorgeous.

Do you ever have any wildlife traffic problems on the track?

I think that most cars would loose an argument with a moose or bear.

Moose have been known to walk out in the shutdown area, but they are fairly slow moving, and plenty of eyes are on the track. You would loose, lots of fatalities up here with moose vs cars

Nice runs! 4 years is a long time.....must feel good to get back in the seat.

Thanks, its good to be back.!

Thats awesome! A couple questions

1. Whats your Clutch set up?

2. What RPM do you leave at? Dump clutch?

3. I have 28" Hoosier full slicks im going to use. I want Bias ply rubber on my front runners too right? Do you get any top end sway?

Spec 5 single disk

2800-3000 dump/slip pending track conditions.

My car tracks straight, match you fronts with your rears. Run a drag front if your running a slick.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I see you haven't lost any shifting skill, Allen. :rockon: Nice to see you racing and posting again. Your Cobra is set up nicely!

MTBSully

Established Member
Damn man excellent driving. That mountain in the backdrop is a gorgeous thing to race towards. Nothing like that around here. Thanks for posting!

Users who are viewing this thread