Something new

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Kong parts are inbound. This is the one that I am most excited about. It is their blower lid done that comes with all sorts of enhanced cooling including a massive intercooler brick. The inlets and outlets are massive compared to the stock unit. If Kong is to be believed this alone is worth ~50 whp.

View attachment 1717493 View attachment 1717494
Definitely worth it and congrats bro. I told you in another thread, I inquired about trading for that car in TX. I just have too much into mine.

Stock intercooler bricks are prone to collapsing even at stock boost levels over time. Like I said before, if you’re not looking for 1000+ which is unusable on the street, the stock blower ported is all you’ll need.

Last edited:

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Hey Klaus, let me know when you feel like selling those comp grey OEMs. You ain’t gonna hook that kind of power on those 20s. Car is freakin gorgeous man!!!

Thanks very much. I already put a set of BC Forged on it but I think I will need to get some 18s in the back when it is built up.

@Klaus were you at the cars & coffee last week in Medina? I saw a c6zrl in IO coupe there :)

Also think you did well on the price especially with the premium on sports cars here throughout 2021.

Thanks much. That is wild, I assumed I had the only IO in MN. I just saw my very first c6zr1 in MN a couple of weeks ago. It was torch red with chrome wheels.

Definitely worth it and congrats bro. I told you in another thread, I inquired about trading for that car in TX. I just have too much into mine.

Funny enough I saw your car on corvette forum and was thinking of throwing you an offer. It makes me sad that you are getting rid of it. If I had room I would grab it, it is a hell of a build at a very fair price.

03CRUSHER

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah you’re going to need 18s. I think the only 18 inch wheel model that fits over those carbon ceramics is Forgestar’s CF-5.

Offer is open on those comp grey wheels if they’re in perfect shape

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Thanks very much. I already put a set of BC Forged on it but I think I will need to get some 18s in the back when it is built up.

Thanks much. That is wild, I assumed I had the only IO in MN. I just saw my very first c6zr1 in MN a couple of weeks ago. It was torch red with chrome wheels.

Funny enough I saw your car on corvette forum and was thinking of throwing you an offer. It makes me sad that you are getting rid of it. If I had room I would grab it, it is a hell of a build at a very fair price.
Thanks bud. Trust me it is a very tentative listing. I never drive it and when I do, I’m like yeah I’m not selling this thing.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Nice ride! Congrats! I have a C7Z with just a cold air on it and I think I'm getting old that I think it's fast enough it's fast enough lmao. Maybe I'm just lazy. Who knows. What are your goals for this beauty?

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice ride! Congrats! I have a C7Z with just a cold air on it and I think I'm getting old that I think it's fast enough it's fast enough lmao. Maybe I'm just lazy. Who knows. What are your goals for this beauty?

Thanks very much.

On order:
Texas Speed Heads and Cam
Kong Intake
Nick Williams 103 throttlebody
Kong Snout
Kong ported blower
A bunch of Kong cooling shit (expansion tanks, lid, bricks, exchanger)
Kong splitter thing (this goes in blower and smooths airflow)
Upper/Lower pulleys (not sure combo yet)
Kooks LT
ID 1300s
Fore return w/ flex fuel
Drag pack (cannot decide between forgeline and forgestar - I just put BC Forged on LOL)

MTBSully

Established Member
Congrats man! See you over in the C6 section on CF. Lots of helpful folks over there. Start a build thread so we can follow along!

I'd argue $74k is a bargain for a IO ZR1. I'd love to have one but dont think id have the patience to find one. Like you said, last one I saw on CF was in the 90s.

Heres my TT z06 i just finished. Build thread and youtube videos are over there as well.

Attachments

• 20210811_181633.jpg
    20210811_181633.jpg
    531 KB · Views: 89

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats man! See you over in the C6 section on CF. Lots of helpful folks over there. Start a build thread so we can follow along!

I'd argue $74k is a bargain for a IO ZR1. I'd love to have one but dont think id have the patience to find one. Like you said, last one I saw on CF was in the 90s.

Heres my TT z06 i just finished. Build thread and youtube videos are over there as well.

Awesome whip. I will check out your build thread.

03CRUSHER

Established Member
Premium Member
I think you did well on the purchase. How many miles? Can’t wait to hear what you think about the car after the mods. Been very disciplined with keeping mine stock. For once haha

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Thanks very much.

On order:
Kong Intake
Kong Snout
Kong ported blower
Kooks LT
ID 1300s
Fore return w/ flex fuel
Drag pack (cannot decide between forgeline and forgestar - I just put BC Forged on LOL)
Aiming high! Nice.

csc427

Established Member
Thanks very much.

On order:
Kong Intake
Kong Snout
Kong ported blower
Kooks LT
ID 1300s
Fore return w/ flex fuel
Just got my car back last week. Ported heads, btr3 cam, kooks 2”, e85. Made 821/835. Just to give you an idea of where you’ll be.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Just got my car back last week. Ported heads, btr3 cam, kooks 2”, e85. Made 821/835. Just to give you an idea of where you’ll be.

Excellent, that is right where I want to be. Anything you would do differently?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a really NICE C6 ZR1. Bidding is at $81K with 3 days to go, and original sticker was $124,350. Wonder what the Reserve is?

Users who are viewing this thread