Somethings wrong. Military related.

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
I am an aviation tech in the Navy. I have about 9 buddies that are in DEP and their ship dates have gone from may, june, and july of next year to early january. We also received word that the wait to A-school has been cut in half after you get out of basic. My question is, what is going on? Is their some foreign action I am unaware of? Has the Navy budget been jump-started? I post this in here because it seems that the entirety of the armed forces is located on SVT performance, and I didn't post it in chow hall because someone not in the military might be able to weigh in. Me and about 15 of my friends await your responses. :read:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
I'm a GM2....
heard the budget was bad and i know some already dipped into the next fiscal years budget (this yrs) like 6 mths ago. they wanna cut everything but it shouldn't be grounds for cutting schools in half. maybe somethings a brewing but they haven't decided to tell us yet. where you stationed?
OH BTW.....GUNNERSMATE IS THE BEST RATE IN THE NAVY!

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
Just had a Staff brief today and dicussed how to cut back on our spending. Budget got cut from what we were told OIF have been cut.

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
I'm a GM2....
heard the budget was bad and i know some already dipped into the next fiscal years budget (this yrs) like 6 mths ago. they wanna cut everything but it shouldn't be grounds for cutting schools in half. maybe somethings a brewing but they haven't decided to tell us yet. where you stationed?
OH BTW.....GUNNERSMATE IS THE BEST RATE IN THE NAVY!

:lol1:. I'm in Pensacola. I just thought it was odd that spending had been supposedly cut across the board and then suddenly everyones ship date got turned up. North korea and Iran.. WATCH OUT :beer:

Edit: They told me I might be going to Oceana, Virginia though. Anyone ever been their?

Last edited:

Bloostd

War is Hell...
Established Member
Year Fiscal year 09 got cut short real bad.

As to Virginia, Well... I've been to Nor Folk for some training crap, but it sucked. Cant buy beer after midnight?!?!!? or on Sundays? Damn, Don't they know military people never stop drinking!

:beer:

-Bret

Dusten

Established Member
for 1, their ship dates can not be moved with out their approval, I don't care what they are told. I was a recruiter and worked at meps. They are being moved up because the longer they are in DEP the more likely they are to not go to bootcamp

Users who are viewing this thread