Sonic Blue 03 Cobra, $22k OBO

r6bullet

Established Member
Well just like everybody else says.. As much as I LOVE this car I have been toying around with the idea of getting something else. So I figured I would throw it up on here for sale since this is actually where I found it. This car is not a daily driver and is garaged at all times. Little about the car

Sonic Blue 03
49,9xx miles on it
-2.76 black upper BF supercharger pulley
-Lightning performance idler pulley
-Lowered with H&R race springs (all stock ISOs are still in)
-MGW shifter
-JLT RAI intake
-Centerforce DFX clutch
-BF differential brace
-SLP catted X-pipe
-SLP loudmouth 2 catback
-Evenflow gen 2 cooling mod
-6000K xenon headlights and fog lights (will never go back to stock again)
-20% window tint all the way around
-Two Aeroforce intercepter gauges mounted in a cluster pod, these are very cool and will allow you to see anything the computer can see. I leave it set to ignition timing and intake air temp, like I said you can see anything with them
-2000 Cobra R 4-piston Brembo front brakes -WAY better than stock-
-Lightning force duel pass heat exchanger

Car is an absolute blast to drive, made 445rwhp and 398rwtq (92 degree outside air temps as well).. Going to redyno this weekend probably.(11/22/08)

As you can see by the pics I like this car a lot and have done my best to take care of it. I work for BMW as a Technician and have done all the work myself at work. Car runs unbelievably well especially with this colder weather that is starting to get here.

Ok so now a list of "bad" things, hard to buy a car online so I will do my best to explain even though I would not call these problems with the car.

- I got the car from TX so unfortunately it did have a front license plate installed. No bracket or anything just a plate screwed right to the front bumper. So there are two screws in the front bumper, one is stuck in so I just kept the other. Have not messed with it since, front bumper also has a fairly big scratch on the right front just above the fog light. Previous owner states this was from somebody backing up into it in a parking lot. So I would say the front bumper cover needs to be replaced as that is what I was planning on doing myself.

-Normal paint chips on front of bumper on some on hood just from driving it

-Needs rear tires (for some reason :shrug:), will probably have new ones within the next month anyways so no biggie.

-Another scratch above the left rear tire, have touched up a little and is kinda hard to see but feel like its worth mentioning.

-This car does have the famous 03-04 cobra "clunk" from the drivetrain, if you are looking at this ad then you have probably already read about this. It will clunk anytime you get on/off the gas quickly. Almost is completely gone after a long drive when the diff gets a chance to warm up. As far as I can tell this is from the rear diff bushings and the fact Ford set the rear end backlash in these cars very loose. Rear diff bushings may help this but I don't see it as the end all fix. I have gotten used to it and even adapted my driving style to where it won't really do it. It is very noticeable when it does it though.

-Again not really a problem with the car but the 2000 Cobra R 4-piston brembo brakes on the front will squeal after they get hot. I have some Hawk street pads on the car now, didn't do it with the old Brembo pads so a set of pads could fix this. I just hate noisy brakes myself.

-Centerforce clutch is really nice and will not slip at all, have noticed it to make a little noise when cold. Goes away within minutes of driving, only makes noise when starting from a stop.

Well thats about it, vehicle is mechanically sound and has had ZERO problems since I've owned it. Can't even say that about some 2009 BMWs that I work on. More than happy to answer any questions about the car as well as take any pictures you need. Will try to get some more of the interior and engine bay even though they are both in great shape.

--Note: A couple of these pics are before the lowering springs
Here you go

Cobra037copy.jpg

Cobra032copy.jpg

Cobra008copy.jpg

Cobra064copy.jpg

Cobra121_3.jpg

Cobra121copy-1.jpg

Cobra132copy.jpg

Cobra196copy.jpg

Cobra186copy.jpg

Cobra127_3.jpg

Thanks for looking

here is a pic of the front bumper
Cobra012_3.jpg

Last edited:

r6bullet

Established Member
All PMs replied to, vehicle did not sale on ebay. Will wait to re list it, open to offers.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread