Sonic Blue Bites the dust...

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=24325B70-287B-4C4C-A917-1FE83CCC8558

My car yesterday...think its a rod bearing..only a tear down will tell me the whole story....VT 302 Stroker here i come.

Just to clarify my car has 33k HARD miles..many dyno runs,many track passes,many street races,many high boost.nitrous combo's over 2 years of having the car...these motors are stout but when you try to make over 600hp they just cant take it for too long..and i proved it.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
jay good luck with the new combo man. on a good note... bro that blower sounds insane lol. sounds like a freggin space shit lol. cant wait for my 2.2

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
87Mustang5_0 said:
not sure what it is but sounds awsome..

Not awesome...lol...theres a tapping sound coming from the bottom end of my well abused 33k mile motor..i totally expected it to happen..atleast it made it through most of the summer..if this happened in april i would have cared alot more..winters right around the corner any how. 22psi and 100 shot here i come.

Jay

Last edited:

RHSPJETER64

Established Member
I've had that noise before. Eventually it got so bad that it would tick at idle and sound like a cam or something. It was weird. Sure enough, a few thousand dollars later and everything is fine! (That's always the case, spend money-problem disappears)

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
SUX2BU 64 said:
I've had that noise before. Eventually it got so bad that it would tick at idle and sound like a cam or something. It was weird. Sure enough, a few thousand dollars later and everything is fine! (That's always the case, spend money-problem disappears)

What was actually the problem?

Jordan_J

Established Member
I heard something like that before on my old Stratus. It was a knocking rod on my car but sounded exactly the same. I hated hearing it and I had to drive the car around for a while with it making that sound and people would just stare at me it was so loud, especially on take off. Once the car got in OD it wasn't heard at all.

fedge

Too bad man, I hate that noise.. how many lbs of boost was that thing running at over the last few years?

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
dehy said:
Too bad man, I hate that noise.. how many lbs of boost was that thing running at over the last few years?

Been @ over 15psi for 2 years+a 1/2 dozen Nitrous bottles run through it,currently i was @ 17psi....i really run the car hard but i took as many steps as i could for preventative measures...still not enough.

Just a recap for those that aren't familiar with my car's journey

Stock eaton 15psi + Spray
Pro-Charger @ 22 psi ( Junk)
Ported eaton 15psi
KB 2.2 21 psi (Bad Bearing)
Ported eaton 15 psi
KB 2.2 @ 17-18 psi (Current)

Last edited:

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
well that sucks Jay

have you thought about MMR instead of VT? . MMR's prices and knowlege are kickass, MMR is the route im gonna be going without a dought. You can get their fully built 5.0 Stroker for 3699 with all the goodies inside, you should look em up.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
broke7 said:
well that sucks Jay

have you thought about MMR instead of VT? . MMR's prices and knowlege are kickass, MMR is the route im gonna be going without a dought. You can get their fully built 5.0 Stroker for 3699 with all the goodies inside, you should look em up.

broke for real? thats not bad at all man!!! i wonder who used there engines and if they care to chime in to tell us the experianc it would be awesome.
im assuming they have different levels of hp engines correct?

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
BLWN03 said:
http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=24325B70-287B-4C4C-A917-1FE83CCC8558

My car yesterday...think its a rod bearing..only a tear down will tell me the whole story....VT 302 Stroker here i come.

Just to clarify my car has 33k HARD miles..many dyno runs,many track passes,many street races,many high boost.nitrous combo's over 2 years of having the car...these motors are stout but when you try to make over 600hp they just cant take it for too long..and i proved it.
Hey, BLWN03 what cooling mods did you have? I want a KB, but I can't afford to blow my shit up right now. Do you think with all the cooling mods avalible for these car you would be ok? Just Curious! :read:

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
im curious on why you think a procharger is junk. ive seen 2 of them recently in the for-sale section for 25k. no one seemed interested in them at all though? thanks

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Just out of curiosity what cooling mods did you have if any?

Users who are viewing this thread