Soo happy!! 3.90's are on!

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
all i have to say.. is It feels like i put on a lower pulley and gained 100X's of Torque..

car pulls soo hard.. im getting wheel hop in 2nd now.. with the nittos

well it was 11oclock at nite and cold as hell...

I was a big spectic when it came down to this... but u know what i said why not.. and did it.. and made a awesome descion..

dont knock it till u try it.. dont hate it till you drive a car with it!!!

driving a car with gears and being in a car with gears(projectzero's) made me think twice about keeping it stock.. his car pulls really hard with the 410s..

Lovin it!!

MArc

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
soon.. very soon.. i plan on going next saturday... i know my car will trap higher and my et will be lower... as long as the conditions are good.. i have no dought..

all i need is traction.. and with my nittos hot.. i will get it..

Marc

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
Hell yeah, let me know if you would please. I'm think of doing that myself. Good luck brother, how does she roll on the freeway still? I got ET Streets so traction isn't a issue for me.

HawkMech

Wildhorses Rule!!!
Established Member
I've been thinkng about putting 3.73's in mine, but now after reading your post a couple of others, I'm thinking that I might end up using 3.90's.

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
installed at X2c motorsports..

my highway rpms doesnt feel anydifferent and i cant tell for sure because my speedo is off.. but i was going about 80mph the whole way home, and didnt seem like it changed much..

Marc

Established Member
Marc you *ucker. You need to let me drive your car. I think I'll still win in a race though. :D

Dunn

Established Member
Now, I have heard else where. 4.10's aren't optimal for these cars? I know in Fbodies, they are unreal, and help the car past the traps right at redline in 4th...what about these cars?

primo

Established Member
I hate how I just shift into 4th before the traps. Thats ghey. 3.90's here I come!

primo

Established Member
Also, it might sound funny, but since gears are a torque multiplier, it's similar to adding a lower pulley without the extra strain on the eaton. Granted, you are not making any more power, but your wheels will feel the gobs of torque. I think of it like this. Get on a 10 speed and try to pedal in 10th gear. Hard right? now try to pedal in 5th. It's much easier on you, less strain, and less calories are consumed. Senario #2. Put Lance Armstrong on the line in 10th gear. Then put string bean billy in 5th gear. The starting gun fires, I bet string bean billy pulls a couple "bike lengths" on Lance off the line. Thats what a gear change does, puts you in 5th gear on a 10 speed so to speak.

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
T BAG said:
I hate how I just shift into 4th before the traps. Thats ghey. 3.90's here I come!

how about when you're hoping not to hit the rev limiter in 4th and almost having to shift into 5th before the traps....that sucks too

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Cool man, let us know about those track results! I think that would be a great mod for me at elevation since I trap under 120 here anyway.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Yup. 3.90's increase the torque at the rear wheels by almost 10% compared to the stock gear! (4.10's take it up by a little over 15%) With stock height tires, top speed (at 6500 rpm) should be around 127 mph w/ the 3.90's. Enjoy!

JTSVT

Equal Opportunity AzzKker
Established Member
Hmmm I had contemplated 373's but now 390 sound nice....Id like to see how 410's feel in our cars......Good luck at the track cant wait to see your #'s----JT

primo

Established Member
how about when you're hoping not to hit the rev limiter in 4th and almost having to shift into 5th before the traps....that sucks too
Easy fix, run a taller tire! :rockon:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
WS6JJP said:

like someone already said (i think) u need ot be trapping over 125 before u lose gear with the 3.90's...AWESOME gear..had mine in almost a year now

Users who are viewing this thread