Soon to be, new addition to the family.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
As many of my SVTP family knows, we lost our senior beagle Sadie on May 2nd of this year. I'm actually tearing up as I type this. I think of her multiple times a day. She lived a good 15 years, but as all you dog owners know, it's never long enough.

Addy our 5 year old beagle/dachshund mix rescue is doing better as time passes.

We were not in a hurry to get another dog, and ideally didn't really want a puppy again...

The wife follows some dog rescue places on Facebook. This little girl that came up was found on the side of the road at only about 9 weeks old. She seems to be doing better right now, currently has a bacteria infection. We filled out an application not expecting to have a chance as we are 5 hours away. The wife has been persistent and contacting the rescue every few days to see how the little pup is doing.

Needless to say, two days ago they contacted my wife and said out of all the applicants they feel we would provide her with the best home!

It's not a done deal yet, hopefully next week. They want to make sure her bacteria infection is gone. It will be a long 10 hour drive there and back, but worth it.

We would always call our old girl Sadie Lu. So in honor of her, we feel it's fitting to name this young one, Lulu.

Sorry for the long post. First picture is Sadie Lu, Addy, and hopefully soon Lulu.
4f03da80ed0c1e3452722b1eeb81738a.jpg
6daa87d21527fe4668abf9e505343074.jpg
209d9594cbbe9aa5c109e5d6b946cc48.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

LS WUT

Established Member
As many of my SVTP family knows, we lost our senior beagle Sadie on May 2nd of this year. I'm actually tearing up as I type this. I think of her multiple times a day. She lived a good 15 years, but as all you dog owners know, it's never long enough.

Addy our 5 year old beagle/dachshund mix rescue is doing better as time passes.

We were not in a hurry to get another dog, and ideally didn't really want a puppy again...

The wife follows some dog rescue places on Facebook. This little girl that came up was found on the side of the road at only about 9 weeks old. She seems to be doing better right now, currently has a bacteria infection. We filled out an application not expecting to have a chance as we are 5 hours away. The wife has been persistent and contacting the rescue every few days to see how the little pup is doing.

Needless to say, two days ago they contacted my wife and said out of all the applicants they feel we would provide her with the best home!

It's not a done deal yet, hopefully next week. They want to make sure her bacteria infection is gone. It will be a long 10 hour drive there and back, but worth it.

We would always call our old girl Sadie Lu. So in honor of her, we feel it's fitting to name this young one, Lulu.

Sorry for the long post. First picture is Sadie Lu, Addy, and hopefully soon Lulu.
4f03da80ed0c1e3452722b1eeb81738a.jpg
6daa87d21527fe4668abf9e505343074.jpg
209d9594cbbe9aa5c109e5d6b946cc48.jpg

With all the crazy things going on right now, it’s awesome to read a post like this man. That’s awesome of you to take on another rescue. Looking forward to seeing Lulu at home with her new family.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
That's an awesome story Brady. I've never been a dog person. Has to do with experiences as a kid (No, not an attack or anything. Having to get rid of the dog since I was in a military family). And what you're going through right now. So, the bottom line is I don't want to deal with the loss.

I hope everything goes through for you and you get Lulu brother..........

I see the use of the term "Rescue." Sorry.... Had to do this. It's just for laughs people.....

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes Brady!!! I'm so thrilled to see that you are seeking a new best friend.
So happy for you and your family. I hope it all goes through perfectly. May you have many smiles with your newest family member!
It's hard to explain what it feels like to adopt a dog, but it's such a great feeling.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve always had such mixed feelings about new pets.

If I died and my wife got a new husband in a few days, my after-life self would be hurt.

We lose pets, and as bad as that hurts, we get new ones quickly.

I guess I’m just thinking out loud. Our pup is 14, half deaf, has horrible eyesight, and spends a lot of time in hilarious states of confusion. I can’t imagine “replacing her” even though I know it’ll happen.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Congratulations, another beagle too. I lost my Layla who was a rescue last year to kidney failure she was a beagle too. We had one before her Barkley another rescue who passed of the same. We ended up getting a puppy late last summer a German shepherd named Mercedes. We love her but the wife and I always have a soft spot for beagles we just couldn’t get another that time because of loosing two to the same issue.

I hope you and the wife get Lulu and nothing but the best and she has a long and healthy life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
When my wife and I lost our Lucky we decided for her sister's sake to get another pup so she wouldn't be lonely. Actually my wife decided...lol. We got a puppy from the pound as an entire litter was dropped off. At first I was alittle standoffish and stayed distant. Didn't take long for her to win me over. Doesn't mean I love my Lucky any less and Sophie wasn't there to fill her shoes. Plenty of love to go around I guess. Now I'm her "human" and my wife is a little jelly over it. But the other pup is drawn to her so it works out. Congrats, I can tell the pup will be loved.
Sophie.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve always had such mixed feelings about new pets.

If I died and my wife got a new husband in a few days, my after-life self would be hurt.

We lose pets, and as bad as that hurts, we get new ones quickly.

I guess I’m just thinking out loud. Our pup is 14, half deaf, has horrible eyesight, and spends a lot of time in hilarious states of confusion. I can’t imagine “replacing her” even though I know it’ll happen.
I guess we see it differently. We never see it as replacing. No dog can replace 15 years of everything we went through with Sadie. I'll never stop thinking about her.

I personally see it as selfish of people not wanting another dog because it's to painful for them. There are thousands among thousands of dogs that need a good home. There life is short, if we can provide a great life for another dog we will do so.

We all know what happens to dogs and cats if they don't find a home in a reasonable time.

I know Sadie would be happy that her younger sister will have another one by her side.

23075db05f0edad1d496c8c4a69b5de0.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Update:

We are making the trip down to Iowa this Thursday to pickup Lulu! It will be a long day, about a total of 10 hours of driving. I'm sure it will take much longer having to stop periodically since she's a pup.

This rescue is only charging 200 dollars which is really cheap considering we've seen them go for 400-600 dollars. They take donations, so we are filling up the explorer with supplies that they are in constant need of.

I'll keep you all posted!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Great news Brady!
Have a safe trip and be sure to post up photos!

Users who are viewing this thread