• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Soon to be new shop!

Discussion in 'Pics and Videos Buffet' started by Bdubbs, Dec 16, 2020.

1. specracer

specracer SVTOA MCA Premium Member

WHOA!!! A car!! In your garage!!

Congrats (dont mind the attempted humor above....)

DAVESVT2000 and Bdubbs like this.
  2. BlksvtCobra01

BlksvtCobra01 Deplorable and Proud Established Member

I took them both out Easter Sunday for a few miles. Drove the terminator to work yesterday. May drive the Fox to work today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geoffmt, Bdubbs and 98 svt like this.
  3. Bdubbs

Bdubbs u even lift bro? Premium Member Established Member

That's awesome! I drove the notch just a little bit yesterday. Got it out of the storage unit, it's now at my garage.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

geoffmt and BlksvtCobra01 like this.
  4. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Don’t be an idiot Established Member

Absolutely stunning work, sir! You've transformed that place into a shop EVERY car guy would die over.

Nicely done!

BlksvtCobra01 and Bdubbs like this.
  5. Bdubbs

Thanks man I really appreciate it! Still have work to be done, mainly cabinets and workbench. Along with a lift at some point.

I'm not sure how much more I'll be able to spend this year. The floor and security system cost some $.

6. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Don’t be an idiot Established Member

I bet! It looks like youve invested your money wisely. Youve increased the value of that place without a doubt while also making it more desirable to the user. Very cool indeed.

BlksvtCobra01, DAVESVT2000 and Bdubbs like this.
  7. cj428mach

cj428mach Well-Known Member Established Member

I'd suggest a 2 post lift, while I love the 4 post and use it most because of the convenience, you can't be the versatility of a 2 post.

Very nice place by the way.

Bdubbs likes this.
  8. Bdubbs

That's exactly what I told the wife!
    I'm not sure if I can install a 2 post without the concrete being the recommended 6". Pretty sure standard here is 4 to 4 1/2".

I've been looking at Advantage 4 post lifts. I know they are harder to work on vehicles with a 4 post, but I like the storage room.

The wife is looking for a late 60's fastback mustang and I'd eventually like a 93 cobra.

I appreciate the kind words Mike.

BlksvtCobra01 and gimmie11s like this.
  9. cj428mach

cj428mach Well-Known Member Established Member

You could borrow or rent a concrete drill and drill a small test hole somewhere to see how deep it is, or it shouldn't be too bad to remove a small square of concrete on each side, increase the depth and tie it to the rest of the slab.

We have a 4 post lift and a 2 post and I always use the 4 post when I can because its the easiest for all my cars, although a stock terminator wouldn't go up the ramps unless lumber was stacked on it. (actually the car would go up it but the ramps have a lip on them that would hit the bottom of the rocker once the front wheels were up on it.)

The 2 post is awesome for dropping the engine/kmember or to do any sort of suspension work. I actually have my 64 Falcon on my 4 post lift with out the engine, and while the engine has been out I've added disc brakes, cut the front coil springs, replaced a wheel seal in the rear axle and it is a pain in the ass to do with a 4 post lift. The 2 post only sucks because it takes more time to get the car on the lift, and our 2 post isn't the kind made to give you extra room when opening the doors so that can be tough. Once the car is on the 2 post its a dream.

It definitely looks like you have room to add another lift in the future if you want but if you really only plan on having one get a 2 post...trust me. 20191112_194011(1).jpg

Either way though you're going to be very happy, thats a big step up on a shop with loads of room, well lit, and clean. We have a "lounge" with a bar and bathroom built on to our shop and its nice to have a place to chill. If I'm working on the weekends i'll take a break, check sports scores, research my project if I'm stuck, eat, etc then go back to work.

10. DAVESVT2000

DAVESVT2000 Well-Known Member Established Member

Damn that’s coming along nicely.

yeah floor and security were a lot, but as mentioned it adds value, and it’s a 1 time expense.

thanks for the updates !

Bdubbs likes this.
  11. Bdubbs

Thank you, that's exactly how I felt about it. It seemed like the right time to do it before moving stuff in.

DAVESVT2000 likes this.
  12. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member Single Barrel Sirs

Big step, Brady; that first time your car(s) cross over the threshold of your new garage. So much room in there. You know you'll get a lot of use from that 4-post lift, especially with those new additions planned.

I noticed the pad under your Cobra. The floor is super durable and cleans easily, so is the pad necessary?

Bdubbs likes this.
  13. Bdubbs

Agreed Bob. Finally I have a nice place for the cobra.

The pad isn't necessary, I may use it during the winter months for the 90 coupe though.

Appreciate the kind words!

14. CobraBob

I had a feeling that was the case. I will definitely be nice to have next winter.

Bdubbs likes this.
  15. Bdubbs

Decided to buy this 20 gallon air compressor since it was on sale.

If I need one bigger, then this will work great at my garage. Screenshot_20210410-133133.jpg

16. oldstv

oldstv Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

That looks stout, where did you get it?

17. Bdubbs

I got it at Runnings fleet farm.

18. oldstv

oldstv Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

I need a compressor but I don't have one of those here.

Bdubbs likes this.
  19. CobraBob

Brady, you won't believe how quick and easy it is to clean that floor. I had some grime from road sludge on my wife's side so yesterday I moved both car out, pulled out the tables, etc. and found there really wasn't a need for my bristle scrubber even though I used it throughout. Used the hose to rinse and then wiped it down with my two 36" wide mop heads. It came out great. I could NEVER do this with my bare concrete floor. Here are a couple of pics after I finished the floor cleaning and moved everything back in.

upload_2021-4-11_17-50-17.png

upload_2021-4-11_17-50-48.png

beau t, quad, gimmie11s and 3 others like this.
  20. Bdubbs

That's awesome and very nice garage! My 90 coupe seems to spring leaks once in awhile.

I found a small puddle of antifreeze under my 90. I think the radiator petcock works itself out of the radiator.