Soon to be new shop!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
No doubt, you have nothing in your garage yet (ha ha). Man I would have hired the ramp truck to get things moving, vs waiting for spring. Thats another 2 months, at least.
Yeah it's just brutally cold right now. I don't even want to think about messing with them. I mean lows in the -15 range. Highs around zero.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, THAT is freaking COLD! I'm not even going to complain about the 3rd snowstorm in a week which just started. Temp is 20 degrees right now with snow which should total around 4" by the end of the work day.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Here ya go Brady, just to keep your spirits up! ;) Summer is coming!

Summer in Minnesota
GR_resorts0126-Couple%20with%20dog%20on%20dock%20at%20Buckhorn%20Resort%20near%20Marcell.jpg

Biggest Muscle Car Party Of The Year - July 16-18, 2021
St. Paul Minnesota
car-craft-summer-nationals-minnesota-street.jpg

Attachments

• GR_resorts0126-Couple%20with%20dog%20on%20dock%20at%20Buckhorn%20Resort%20near%20Marcell.jpg
    GR_resorts0126-Couple%20with%20dog%20on%20dock%20at%20Buckhorn%20Resort%20near%20Marcell.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 83

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Can't do St Paul this summer Bob, that's not social distancing. Bahahahah
Too bad for us car guys but it really sux for their economy.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

OX1

Established Member
Got room for a fab shop? Nice to keep weld and grind splatter from flinging all over when possible.
(And great storage area on top, if you make it strong enough)

2013-06-12_09-41-36_13.jpg

Made one opening large enough to sneak my bobcat in also, just in case I get a really heavy machine.
Hung heavy grade reinforced clear vinyl on large opening, again to keep crap in.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Got room for a fab shop? Nice to keep weld and grind splatter from flinging all over when possible.

View attachment 1688304

Made one opening large enough to sneak my bobcat in also, just in case I get a really heavy machine.
Hung heavy grade reinforced clear vinyl on large opening, again to keep crap in.
That's actually a great idea. Personally I'd hang a single and a large double door to keep it looking neat. You'd still have room to get your bobcat in and out. Like a double-door on a shed. If you want a really large opening, do a small overhead door. More expensive than heavy vinyl, of course, but it just looks nicer.

Just curious, if you use that garage a lot, are you considering going with insulation and sheetrock at some point?

How big is that garage? It looks like a warehouse facility.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

View attachment 1688304

That looks great! I don't really want to add another room. The office and bathroom already take up enough space. I can store stuff on the mezzanine above them, and definitely will.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I have been thinking about a compressor but am leaning towards a small roll around version because so much is going electric these days.

OX1

Established Member
That's actually a great idea. Personally I'd hang a single and a large double door to keep it looking neat. You'd still have room to get your bobcat in and out. Like a double-door on a shed. If you want a really large opening, do a small overhead door. More expensive than heavy vinyl, of course, but it just looks nicer.

Just curious, if you use that garage a lot, are you considering going with insulation and sheetrock at some point?

How big is that garage? It looks like a warehouse facility.

I'm a more go than show guy. The vinyl also lets natural light in, as I have 4' high clear panels running along the top
of each eave. This is early on, but it shows clear panels. Many days I don't need any lights on inside.

2013-09-02_11-04-30_350.jpg

Did do 2" spray on insulation (don't want sheetrock), have no issue getting to 60 degrees pretty quick with
one decent size NG heater (and one small wall heater in fab room). Here is that same room today.

20210209_163057.jpg

It's 50 X 64. I use it every day (night).

OX1

Established Member
Already getting ideas....View attachment 1688356

Would definitely save up for a two stage if that's not. Just seems like they run forever.

That looks great! I don't really want to add another room. The office and bathroom already take up enough space. I can store stuff on the mezzanine above them, and definitely will.

I also made PVC frames and bought some oversize welding blankets with ringed holes on edges.
Use metal shower curtain rings to hold welding blanket up as a screen. Two or 3 of them can make a temp
fab room and welding blankets holdup well to weld or grind splatter

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I'm a more go than show guy. The vinyl also lets natural light in, as I have 4' high clear panels running along the top
of each eave. This is early on, but it shows clear panels. Many days I don't need any lights on inside.

View attachment 1688392
Did do 2" spray on insulation (don't want sheetrock), have no issue getting to 60 degrees pretty quick with
one decent size NG heater (and one small wall heater in fab room). Here is that same room today.

View attachment 1688393

It's 50 X 64. I use it every day (night).
Nice broncos

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Would definitely save up for a two stage if that's not. Just seems like they run forever.

I also made PVC frames and bought some oversize welding blankets with ringed holes on edges.
Use metal shower curtain rings to hold welding blanket up as a screen. Two or 3 of them can make a temp
fab room and welding blankets holdup well to weld or grind splatter
This one is in my budget, and I currently don't have any air tools and probably won't get a ton of use. I don't weld either.

Users who are viewing this thread