Sooo..definetly scared ths piss out of me

cody_288

Established Member
I just got back from doing some scouting for the upcoming bear and deer season. I was carrying my .22-250 rifle incase I saw a coyote or fox or turkey. As I am walking through the woods to come home and get out of the rain, I look to my right in this thick crabapple tree patch and see two bear cubs. My first thought was "where the #$%$ is mommy". I look to their left and see mommy standing, she goes on all fours and takes two bounding leaps towards me putting her about 4-6 yards away. I yelled "whoa bear" and she stops and woofs at me. She then starts walking away after her cubs. She alredy had the crosshairs on her forehead and the safety off, one more step and I would of shot her. I'm just afraid the hollow points I was using would not of penetrated her head enough to put her down. So that defiently ranks in the top 10 of adrenilin (sp?) rushes in my life.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
hahahahaha, "whoa bear". They should put that in the bear survival guide!! hahah.

Glad yer ok and only needed a new pair of underoos.

bones srt-4

yep,still a neon.
Established Member
whoa bear ! more like whoa shiite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!takes a breath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that would have scared me too ! bears are nothing to mess with.

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
Would scare me too.

Not much else you can do besides take a few shots regardless if you think it can put her down or not, that is to say if she was about to attack you.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
I can't imagine having a momma bear charging at me. I would have lost my lunch.

Seriously though, you don't think you would have dropped her if you fired?

KenneBell03

Established Member
yikes

My grandfather had a Grizzley walk up behind him , stand on all fours ready to punce on him when my grandfathers buddies noticed. My grandfather told me it took 13 shots to kill the bear.

cody_288

Established Member
lol.... it was the first thing i thought to yell... I didnt know if a .224 hollow point going 4100 fps would penetrate its skull...

wvmystichrome

Established Member
You would have just pissed her off, TREMENDOUSLY! Just remember the phrase......FEETS DON'T FAIL ME NOW!!!!! Then get out of there. It would take a heck of alot more than a 22 to stop her.

jonw357

Established Member
Excellent caliber. Alot of folks use it for a coyote rifle around here. A very fast and flat shooting caliber. I know a few guys that there wifes shoot 22-250 for deer hunting.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
run in a zig zag form...with your rifle in the air while yelling "whoa bear" Whoa bear" "whoa bear"

Users who are viewing this thread