Sorry, off-topic

mancharley

Established Member
Hi all
I'm a '95 R owner, but today's mission is to try to help a friend sell his very nice '08 GT500KR. I know there is a separate forum for those, and I will alert him to that. But since I've found R owners to often dabble in other special Mustangs, I'm wondering if any of my fellow R owners would venture a tip on how this gentleman might most effectively sell his car. Where do the real buyers hang out.
Again sorry for the off-topic thread, and now I'll be quiet.
Best to all
Ben
Texas, but the KR is in Massachusetts
'95 R #29

JRStrout

Established Member
Sticking with the off topic theme...

Do you know where I can get a lower radiator hose or original computer?

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Well My 2c, on the KR, unfortunately, S197 07-09 GT500's are still depreciating and sell for fractions of sticker, and may not have even hit bottom yet. Even KR's. So the trick to selling is to be realistic on an asking price. Also as Im in MA, another suggestion would be to wait until spring. The holidays are horrible to sell collector cars (trucks and "year end" are a bit different), and we are also about to hit the suck factor of winter. When spring comes, DO NOT ignore CL. Its free, and boy a lot of people use it. I personally would not bother with ebay, I have bought more cars from Autotrader (buyers perspective)

Recon

Established Member
Is this KR SM/VB? That’s the most desired color combo. I’ve bought several cars off eBay including my Roush. Might look at what the BIDS are, DO NOT pay attention to the buy it nows. They are wishful thinking prices of the owner. The bids are what people are willing to pay for the vehicles.

Pick your poison.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I agree with the above. The KRs would have been the one to own if Ford stopped making GT500s at that point. Unfortunately they kept making a BUNCH more with each successive year getting better. No 07-14 GT500 is a good collector car. They will continue to depreciate for a long, long time.

List it for sale on both GT500 forums, this one and the other. Also hit Craigslist and any other free sale sites.

From what I’ve seen, KR owners are quite proud of their cars and list them for top dollar. Then they sit and sit and sit....

Users who are viewing this thread