sound tube delete

STL5OHSLOW

Established Member
Does anyone know how to get the sound tube out of the firewall. It is positioned terribly behind the drivers side head and an extreme pain in the ass to get to. If you look for it under the dash you can not see it. any advice will be greatly appreciated

STL5OHSLOW

Established Member
yea I have the plug and its already off of the intake. I have pulled as hard as possible and even used a trim tool on the fire wall it will not come out. I feel retarded but it is in such a bad spot its hard to even see it

Sam@Coastal

Coastal Dyno
Established Member
yea I have the plug and its already off of the intake. I have pulled as hard as possible and even used a trim tool on the fire wall it will not come out. I feel retarded but it is in such a bad spot its hard to even see it

You do not need to pull hard unless you want to just break the tab off the tube, it is held in by a 10mm nut on a stud behind the drivers side head. it is a pain to get to but its not too bad.

STL5OHSLOW

Established Member
this is what holds the sound tube in place on the fire wall if anyone wants to know what to look for. It is no fun to get to and thanks sam@coastal for the help!!

E7085B3D-7EC1-47EA-99FF-EBDC65AF876F_zpslgmggr8l.jpg

krssrls

Established Member
have fun getting that plug in the hole where the tube was. I had to get some one with skinny arms and small hands to do it...

Sir Nate 3000

Silver Stallion
Established Member
It looks so much better without that goofy looking sound tube in the way.

2015 GT Sound tube delete Pic 2.jpg
2015 GT Sound tube delete Pic 3.jpg
2015 GT Sound tube delete Pic 2 (2).jpg

Now the next task is to relocate the coolant reservoir to the left side and a CAI.

Last edited:

JJJTMC

Established Member
Removed mine yesterday, not the easiest nut to get too. Why a 2" stud to hold a piece of plastic boggles my mind. Patience is key.

thehunterooo

Established Member
Well, I attempted this today but I can not get to the nut. I put the ford racing strut bar and cowl on and it is blocking me even more so I gave up haha. Is there an easy way to get to it?

Users who are viewing this thread