Southern MD, need help finding a place to stay.

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member
So I recently got hired as a LEO, and I have an academy starting in July in La Plata area. I live way up in carroll county, so if I drive this every day, it's gonna be like 160 miles round trip, in rush hour and frankly I think I may have enough on my physically and mentally, to have to deal with the added stress of 3.5 - 4 hours in the car each day. I was wondering if anyone knew of anyplace to stay down there for cheap, i may even be interested in renting a small apartment or basement room from someone. The academy is about 6 months long.

It's no big deal, I'm hoping that someone else in the academy will live down there, and have an extra room, or else a few others are as far away as me, and will want to pitch in and get a motel room for the week. Anyhow, just putting it out there, to see what people know about the area.

Thanks

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Is the academy the one way down in Nanjemoy or is it actually in LaPlata? There are quite a few hotels in LaPlata that are most likely pretty cheap. Super 8 (Patuxent Inn now) is walking distance from lots of restaurants and Target. There is a Best Western and a Sleep Inn that look pretty nice just south of the middle of the city that you'd have to drive all of 1 mile to get to any food or whatever. As for renting a room, I'd say you'd probably be able to find something cheap if you look on craigslist or something. Not sure if there are any apartments that will be nice though.

Oh, and congrats on the job.

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member
Its off rt 6, that's all I know. I've only actually been to southern md like twice in my life. We'll see what I can find I guess, I've been keeping an eye on craigslist. Thanks

TRBO VNM

I may know of one option. A friend lives in la plata, but is about 5-10min from downtown la plata and rents out rooms, but I am not sure what is available right now. I will try and find out for you. I assume you would be around Sunday night to thursday night and going back home on friday nights for the weekend?

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member
A house might work too, as long as I can find a few guys to go in with that have just as far to drive, but I probably won't know that till I start

Users who are viewing this thread