Southern NH mustang owner

frdmstnggt

Mine: Audi, Yours: Innie
Established Member
Hey guys and gals...

Just left the Navy of 10 years on Active Duty service. Just bought my first house recently in Plaistow, NH. My family is just about settled so I will be continuing with my 1988 LX 5.0 swap. Recently just got it to fire up although the return fuel line by the fuel filter has a pin hole leak.

Lots more to swap over from my donor car and more to fix. Looking forward to finding some local mustang owners... and maybe a few extra hands!

Cheers! :beer:
Derrick

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
welcome back to new england. nothing like it. good luck with the swap/build. keep us posted and we all love pics

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
welcome! Thanks for your service!

If you are looking for a local club to join or hang out with, New Hampshire Mustang club is a great bunch of guys and there are several members here.

check it out here: New Hampshire Mustang Club

Anyways, let's see some pic's!!!!

frdmstnggt

Established Member
I need to be more pro-active with photo documentation.... Keeping this short here is what happened to create this situation:

Left Washington state Novmeber 2011 and drove cross country with family back to New Hampshire. With a small severance pay I decide to find a cheap 5.0 that I could fix up a little and drive around. That's where the story takes a turn....

I bought a 1988 Mustang GT T-Top (mainly for the T-Tops because they are getting hard to find and will be extremely valuable in the future) that was listed with 77,000mi and had a shift kit put into a fresh AOD. Paid $1,500 for it and got her home. Started to clean her up and found that someone didn't maintain the engine that well. I found a hardened black foam in the lifter valley. So i performed a head gasket and up replacement of all soft seals. Car runs real nice after setting my TPS voltage from .65v back to .88v.

Exhaust manifolds were so rusted out that i literally pulled the h-pipe down and the flanges from the manifold crumbled. So.... Got a really clean set of OEM manifolds from California for $25 on ebay, ordered a Pace-Setter O/R X-pipe and 2.5" MAC Pro-Dumps. With that taken care of it was now onto the nasty interior.

I started removing the front seats and carpet when...... BAM! The front passenger toe board (where floorboard transitions into firewall) completely caved in. I then found both rocker rails and both floor boards were completely rotted out. I found a cut-out set of rocker rails on eBay and ordered them along with my new Lincoln MIG 140. Got the passenger's side rail welded in and then found out the fire wall is starting to rot out too along with some of the windshield cowl....

At this point I was devistated.... Ended up buying a roller 1988 4-Cyl hatch in a flat black rattle can paint job (used to be white) for $600. I was told someone started converting it over to a V8 already. I only found a 8.8 rear already installed and that was pretty much it. They were trying to get away with using 4-cyl fuel lines (wrong side of car), brake lines, a chop job wiring harness from a 1991 (wont work).

So here i am today, the drivetrain is swapped over. The engine runs but the return fuel line from rotted out first car has a leak by the tank. I recently just battles a fuel relay problem that magically fixxed itself... I am not going to even go there.....

Sorry to make this so long but it has been an up hill battle since the beginning....

All in all its been fun (and costly).... still have to move the cars from my parents house to mine (15 minute drive, but need trailer) and a lot more to go:

-re-install drivers door with new hinge pins
-fix drives sides back seat floor pan
-get correct heater core (got wrong one from LMR)
-install fenders and hood
-swap GT brakes over from old car
-order new complete GT brake lines and compet fuel lines
-install exhaust hangers to mount pro-dumps
-reinstall interior along with new carpet

So there you have it. I am sure i am missing other little details that I need to accomplish..... so as i stated before, any extra hands would be great!

Last edited:

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
Welcome to SVTP. Man, It sounds like you have your hands full. Do you have a wish date to be completed by?
Post up some pics.

frdmstnggt

Established Member
FromGTtoSVT: I tried to register to that site but I don't understand what the random question (security question) i asking.

Jibber: It should have been done months ago... between getting upat 3:30am for work and getting hme by 2:30pm M-F I have no energy left. Plus I have a set of 23 month old twins that come home with mom between 5:00pm-6:00pm. Driving from plaistow (my house) to methuen (my parents house) back and forth just to work on the car isn't easy. I normally work on the car on saturdays from 12:00pm tp 6:00pm.

As for pics i have to find what I got (not much, mostly of first rotted out car). I plan on moving the cars to my house here soon.

frdmstnggt

Established Member
Old Rotted Body
IMAG0314.jpg

IMAG0309.jpg

IMAG0310.jpg

Short video of new body
th_photobucket-7545-1339241370855.jpg

Plus my NEW toy: 2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50
photobucket-8718-1337122060749.jpg

Last edited:

frdmstnggt

Established Member
Anyone know of a person parting out a foxbody? I have been on the hunt for a good set of replacement fuel lines from the tank to the spring locks. Mine a rotted out and is spraying fuel. Also looking for a good set of GT brake lines front to rear...

Thanks!
-Derrick

Users who are viewing this thread