Spacers- Pros/Cons on Stock 19" wheels

NewDuuude

Established Member
New wheels are not in the budget.
but I can't stand the look of the offset of my premium 19" wheels.

What are your thoughts? Pics and opinions are welcome
i want to hear everyone's opinion

NewDuuude

Established Member
It's just the awful offset mainly on the back that drives me insane.
Perhaps a different back tire as well in the future?
I don't necessarily like the thought of using larger spacers but what about 25mm Hubcentric w/ studs?

Rct851

Established Member
How big? We have been using spacer for years. Try to stay 1/4in or under if we use a spacer that has no studs.
I would like some 1/4" for the front that don't require extended studs. Got a link?

NewDuuude

Established Member
By extended studs you mean bolt on then use the studs attached to the spacers?

01bluesnake

Established Member
By extended studs you mean bolt on then use the studs attached to the spacers?

No, extended studs are just that, studs that are longer than stock and press in place of the stock ones. A bigger wheel spacer, 3/4" + can be a unit that has a stud system that bolts to the stock studs, with a second set you bolt the wheel to. These do require cutting of the stock studs to bolt down correct though, so usually recommend just doing extended studs in place of the stock ones.

This is the type of spacer you would be looking for at max 1/4" with stock studs. Any thicker would require extended studs to be safe.

AAF-ALL44121_ml.jpg

This is the type of spacer that doesn't require extended studs as it has its own. It is bought in thicker sizes though, can be a pita to install and remove and requires cutting of your stock studs

CAL-75825_ml.jpg

Last edited:

01bluesnake

Established Member
ARP (100-7723) makes a set of direct press in for the correct knurl end into the hub. I used a set of Moroso that were close, but required drilling and in the end should of got the ARP's lol

NewDuuude

Established Member
I do have the holes in the back of my stock premium wheels that allow the stock studs to sit properly

01bluesnake

Established Member
How much are you trying to space your wheels out? There may or may not be enough room to clear them depending on that. If you do 1" then you might be fine, if you are going only .5" and under, then may or may not clear. I haven't tried a .5" bolt on spacer with a stock wheel, so can't say. I'm not sure if they even make a bolt on spacer at .5"

NewDuuude

Established Member
Probably would run 1 inch on the back
Idk about the front? Do you stay with a 1:1 ratio front to back or can you do less on front?

01bluesnake

Established Member
The spacer width front to back really wont make a difference, more for cosmetic difference than anything. I would take a tap measure and see how far you have to be flush. A piece of string tapped to the fender hanging down, like a plumb bob, can help when measuring at the budge of the sidewall on the tire.

Users who are viewing this thread