Spark Source while idling bouncing 9 to 1

Lou02stang

Established Member
I am chasing a up and down idle issue only in park when I put it in drive the issue goes away. Using SCT in closed loop to data log Spark Source and while idling, with the car In park it changes from 9 to 1. When this change happens is when the car idle up and down erratically. My MAF transfer table is dialed in, the ISC duty cycle is at .40 ish and isc integrator is real close to 0. My tps is set to 180 counts. I know it’s suppose to idle with a Spark Source of 9 instead it blips back to 1 which uses the Base spark table.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I am chasing a up and down idle issue only in park when I put it in drive the issue goes away. Using SCT in closed loop to data log Spark Source and while idling, with the car In park it changes from 9 to 1. When this change happens is when the car idle up and down erratically. My MAF transfer table is dialed in, the ISC duty cycle is at .40 ish and isc integrator is real close to 0. My tps is set to 180 counts. I know it’s suppose to idle with a Spark Source of 9 instead it blips back to 1 which uses the Base spark table.
What is your spark at idle?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Lou02stang

Established Member
What is your spark at idle?

Spark fluctuating at idle my
Min is -1.25
Max 23.00
Avg. 11.00

Every time the idle drops it switches to spark source 1 and spark jumps to 22.00. So something is either causing it to
Drop and spark is making up for it or something else going on

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Spark fluctuating at idle my
Min is -1.25
Max 23.00
Avg. 11.00

Every time the idle drops it switches to spark source 1 and spark jumps to 22.00. So something is either causing it to
Drop and spark is making up for it or something else going on ‍
That's a pretty big swing. Has the car been running OK and this just started, or are you in the process of dialing in your tune?

Lou02stang

Established Member
That's a pretty big swing. Has the car been running OK and this just started, or are you in the process of dialing in your tune?

I am in the process of dialing it in. its crazy when i put it in D the idle is really good. this is it while idling in park everyone ofthose dips is spark source changing to 1
Screenshot (3).png

decipha

Established Member
Its doing exactly what its supposed to do since its not dialed in yet.

Best bet is to talk to your tuner after all you are paying them to tune it are you not?

Users who are viewing this thread