Spark/timing E85 on a 03 cobra

smiiley

I have tuned my car with SCT Pro racer, and just converted my car to E85.
I have full bolt-ons and a ported Eaton with 2.8 upper and 4 lower pulley, making abount 17 psi.

I am woundering how the timing chart should look like, right now I am running the timing chart from SCT on race gas tune, and have added 2 degrees on top two rows.
23 degrees at max RPM.

Should I scale it differently or just keep adding Degrees on all RPM on top rows?
I will be taking it on a dyno soon to find out how much timing the car wants.
And if somebody here are running ported eaton with E85, how much timing are you using and how are your spark table look like?
Namnlös.png

MG0h3

Established Member
Might check out the distillery forum. There is a HP or dyno thread where alot of guys post their numbers to include the blower, boost, and timing.

I'm on 20psi and I want to say Im around 22*

01yellercobra

Established Member
I haven't played with E85 yet, but given its detonation resistance I would raise the timing throughout the table. A couple of degrees will make a difference in throttle response.

Denver_SVT

Established Member
You need to post a screen shot of the "Borderline Knock Table" to see if we can help. You need to have the "MBT Spark Table" always 4 degrees more than the Borderline Knock Table because the lower value between the two tables (Borderline Knock table and MBT Spark table) the ECU will take. For Timing it differ from car to another as some cars love to take timing with E85 or Fuel race and some will see detonation.

Sent from my Samsung S7

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread