spec stage 3 review?

4v_mach1

Established Member
How many miles on the clutch since install? Does the TOB make any noise? Was the Pilot bearing of good quality?

11k miles on the clutch so far and it's good. the pilot bearing is great, but the TOB does make a little noise and it recently started. I suggest getting the ford racing TOB with any clutch kit.

50GTMach1

Established Member
I have the spec stage 3 and I love the clutch because pedal feel is softer than stock. i do have to drive differently since the clutch really grabs hard during traffic. I say its a great clutch but i will try something a little more streetable next time.

ijt351

Established Member
Your either high or never pushed a pedal with a stock clutch...my wife drove my car with the stock clutch then with the spec 3 she can't even push the pedal down. It's no where near stock feel. Not close, not in the same ball park, not even playing the same game. I dreaded stop lights with the spec but now with the twin disc it's like pushing the clutch in a Honda

Well I must have the stage 3 with the LPP option which stands for light pedal pressure. and 50gtmach1 must also have the same one. Or yours was just bad. A buddy of mine bought a king cobra clutch (they are a POS)
it was so stiff he went thru 5 cables in 6 months. I threw that clutch away and put a stock one back in. the KC clutch is only suppose to be slightly stiffer but wow that one was about 50 times stiffer to push.

Users who are viewing this thread