Spec Twin Disc or McClead Twin Disc Clutch?

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
I was wondering how the Spec Twin Disc clutch compares to the McClead RXT and which Spec is comparable? I may be able to get a killer deal on a Spec.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Great question, I wish I had an answer for you. I know the McCleod RXTs are very popular on here. I believe they are cheaper as well. Maybe some Spec Twin Disc guys will chime in, id really like to know how these perform.

604cobra

lethal1
Established Member
Great question, I wish I had an answer for you. I know the McCleod RXTs are very popular on here. I believe they are cheaper as well. Maybe some Spec Twin Disc guys will chime in, id really like to know how these perform.

spec twin disk here .....love it, if over 800 hp twin disks are the way to go spec or mcCleod ,,,,it will be a"on -off" clutch when driving and no slip right now in racing like a auto. gl
2012-05-27_20-52-45_42.jpg

sonic cobra

Established Member
I recently had to replace my RXT at only 24,000 miles. Went with the spec super twin SS trim and very happy with it. Clutch grabs right off the floor where I like it. Easy install with no worries about pivot ball length. Solid engagement,good pedal and no chatter. The floater plate rattles a little but only when the peddle is depressed. Not an issue for me. Having had both, I can recommend the SS trim. Now to see if it lasts longer than the RXT.

itzl0l

Angry Bald Man
Established Member
I recently had to replace my RXT at only 24,000 miles. Went with the spec super twin SS trim and very happy with it. Clutch grabs right off the floor where I like it. Easy install with no worries about pivot ball length. Solid engagement,good pedal and no chatter. The floater plate rattles a little but only when the peddle is depressed. Not an issue for me. Having had both, I can recommend the SS trim. Now to see if it lasts longer than the RXT.

Hows the pedal effort on the Spec twin disc. Thinking about this clutch as well.

sonic cobra

Established Member
Been a long time since I drove stock clutch. I thick the pedal effort on the super twin falls somewhere between the stiff OEM and the very light RXT. To me, the difference was just barely noticeable compared to the RXT.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Never had the Spec twin. I replaced a Spec single that came with the car. There was nothing wrong with it I just wanted to upgrade to 1,000hp with the RXT. I don't really need it......yet. I like the ease of the pedal with the RXT. Can't tell you about longevity, only have 2,xxx miles on it.

It's spelled- McLeod

JDUB348

Established Member
I personally like to "over build" my car so it will handle anything i may throw at it in the future. With that said, i went with the McLeod RXT. Love the clutch, can't complain at all. Highly recommend it.

Future plans are either a 2.3 or 2.9 whipple. I'm leaning more towards the 2.9 because i may want more power then the 2.3 will put out

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread