Speed control switch recall to affect more of us

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
I just heard about it and found an article on the front page of cnn.com new vehicles covered under the recall are 1994-2002 ford trucks, expedition, Navigator, and Bronco. I just checked my vin since I work at a dealer and the recall is already on there for my truck (2002).. But the procedure and parts ordering info has not been released yet. I will try to keep some info posted as I hear it.

TruBluLightning

Sellout
Established Member
Damn I just had my 2000 F150 Done. Now I gotta wait forver to get the Lightning done. Well at least I know now. I am going to go home and disconnect that bad boy.

ILLINI-SVT

Established Member
I just checked myford.com, and mine has been picked for the recall. 2002 Lightning, born 02/15/02.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
myford.com is a tool company.

Click here for info and a link to enter your vin.

http://www.ford.com/en/innovation/safety/cruiseControl.htm

VIN: 2FTZF07362xxxxxxx
Number of Items: 1
Item ID: 05S28
RecallDate:
Title: SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH
Description

Disclaimer:
This system tracks National safety and emission recall notifications on vehicles registered in the United States at the time the recall was initiated for programs that were launched on or after January 1, 1996. For more information on Ford Motor Company recalls/vehicle campaigns, Regional recall programs, or concerns you may be having with your vehicle, please contact your dealership directly.

Mine was recalled. Oooh goody, I get to waste time having them perform the recall.

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
I checked mine out and it's down for the recall, mine was built on 2-22-02 and is #2069. Chris your's was built on 2-22,what is your production number? Our's looks like they were built on the same day, and there both the best color, "Silver" :beer: !!

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
Yep, mine was built on 2-22-02 and is #2069, your's is definitely the closest one i've ever seen to mine!! That is cool our Lightnings went down the line 12 Lightnings apart, i wonder what color those 12 was and where they ended up? I also would like to know how many they built that day, and i wonder if they would have made all the color's that day. I bought mine in Huntington WV, where did your's end up? I guess the workers was feeling good that day, i've not had any trouble out of mine so far. There was a couple things on mine that i had to get fixed, cracked fogs and the bar splitting the foam in the drivers seat. So i guess we have full blown sisters that share the same B-Day, i'll wish your Lightning a Happy B-Day in Jan. :lol1:

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
My 97 Cobra was built on 2-25-1997 and is #3469, my Lightning was built on 2-22-02 and is #2069. There just 3 day's apart, well and 5 years. And both of them end in my favorite number "69"!!! :p :p :lol1: :-D

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I bought mine new in Enfield, CT. The only issues I've had were a blown plug and I replaced the stock fog lights. Oh yeah, and I had some paint blow off 2 weeks after I got it.

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
I bought mine new in Enfield, CT. The only issues I've had were a blown plug and I replaced the stock fog lights. Oh yeah, and I had some paint blow off 2 weeks after I got it.

The paint on these trucks suck. biggest letdown on the whole vehicle. but I hvae not had any problems thus far **knocks on wood**

Users who are viewing this thread