Speed Hut Wideband and AEM Controller install Help please!

Riored95

Established Member
I need some help trouble shooting my newly installed Speed Hut Wideband gauge i have set up with my AEM Controller. I have power to both the controller and gauge fine, the controller is also showing a solid green led light which means it is in normal working condition. When i start the car the gauge does its full sweep like normal then pegs out at 18 in Lean position and does not move after that. Yellow wire from the gauge is hooked up to the Analog Out (white wire). Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thank you

TRBO VNM

There are a couple other wires in the AEM harness. There is one that needs to be grounded. I know there is a grey and black, but I usually reference the instructions. One is ground and the other is for the computer. So you have 2 grounds, sensor and controller. Not sure if that is your issue, but you never mentioned it

Riored95

Established Member
I looked over the wiring diagram again Jason and see that I needed the brown wire grounded also. The gauge seems to be working as it should now, it is holding right at 14.5 or so well in the throttle. The garage bounces from 14.5 to 15.5 well at idle is this a correct reading I should get?? Thank you for your help also!!

TRBO VNM

Awesome glad that fixed it. So at idle and cruise it should bounce around 14.7, so it could go high 13's to low 15's but general in the 14's

Wot should be 11's

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Glad you got, and for future reference. The gauges need the 0-5v output plus the grounds are important as Jason mentioned.

Riored95

Established Member
Thanks guys I will definitely remember that second ground in the future! All my read outs seem to be a little bit higher then they should be, tune has always seemed great.... :shrug: Do you guys agree they seem high? I will have to see if I can get a video or two so I can post them for ya

Users who are viewing this thread