• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Spent some time in a 14 gt500...

Discussion in 'Terminator Talk' started by Andrew03SVT, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Jameeson

Jameeson in the garage, stealing your e85 Premium Member Established Member

GT500 has like 630 ftlbs of tq stock probably what you are feeling is that seat of the pants kick.
    I have some time with gt500, they are different experiences to me, not better or worse, but I ended up with another 03/04
    Smaller cockpit, shorter wheelbase, smaller all around (wheels/width/length/weight) is my jam
    makes more exciting and feels more connected,

important thing to remember is they both can make great corvette killers

2. COOL COBRA

COOL COBRA Hell Yes! Established Member

Agreed. The only fix is to have both if possible. I'll always have some of each or life would not be complete!
    Now, I just need to add a street rod. I've got the itch pretty bad for one. Just to cruise.

Jameeson likes this.
  3. fivelitrecobra

fivelitrecobra Active Member Established Member

My buddy has a 12 GT500 with some work(621rwhp), my 03 has about 600rwhp. Our cars run very similar. Going from one to the other, seat of the pants the 03 feels faster. The Shelby is more refined then the Terminator..... smoother, quieter, etc. The Terminator is raw compared to newer cars, I think that rawness is what gets people hooked on these cars.

Andrew03SVT and goocher1998gt like this.
  4. BADBOYSVT

BADBOYSVT Active Member Established Member

Here in Texas . I seen ALOT peoples DD the gt500 . By how dirty the paint and how the tires condition

I rarely see them cobra DD . If I see the cobra . It’s clean as hell .

5. Goose17

Goose17 SVT collector nut Established Member

I think this has more to do with the ages of the 2 different vehicles than anything else. The GT500s are newer and still primary drivers for some. The Terminators are older and more of a collector car or a weekend toy.

Both are great cars that I plan to keep indefinitely.

6. Andrew03SVT

Andrew03SVT Member Established Member

Cobras are a one of a kind experience

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

7. 04sleeper

04sleeper Runs On "Liquid Gold" Staff Member Super Moderator

You should try a 1,000+ RWHP TT 2013 GT/CS. Quiet, refined and silly fast! LOL

Jameeson likes this.
  8. JMetro64

JMetro64 Member Established Member

Ive had both. My 03 cobra had 631rwhp and I sold it for the shelby. My 13 gt500 made 604rwhp stock, and definitely felt more smooth. I think a factor that is deceiving is that each gear of the gt500 alsois a lot longer and to me somehow felt less violent than my cobra did. I had full bolt-ons of my gt500 and with a lund tune, got to 719rwhp. it was an awesome car, and imo the best bang for your buck. I still would say stock for stock it beats the new hellcats. A lot more noise cancellation, 10 more years of R and D, and a comfier ride. But at the end of the day they are both badass cars, and its all in personal opinion, I appreciated both, but just love the raw feel of the cobras(just bought my 2nd one). But there are so many factors other than peak dyno numbers when it comes to performance. The power band, how hot the cars get from heat soak, etc. The gt500 will always be much torquier than the cobras, but are heavier also, so when it comes to both on equal power numbers, I would pick the car with the best driver(considering the cobra setup being done well). Most cobras run pretty damn hot, and if a car that makes 600whp stock is pushed to 700hp, it will usually run better and cooler than a car that makes 365whp stock that's pushed to 700hp.