Spoiler delete??

CrawCobra97

Established Member
I am thinking about taking my spoiler off I seen a kit where it just gives you plastic plugs for the holes where your spoiler goes? My question is does anybody know the size of the whole? I feel like I can just get plastic plugs at an auto parts store for much cheaper and have a better fit? If I don't like it I will just put the spoiler back on

Chadt13

Established Member
Don't plastic plug ur poor trunk... Either leave the spoiler or have the decklid removed holes patched and resprayed, luckily for me my gf's dad is one of the best body guys in the Dayton area can't even tell the holes were ever there and my cobra is black as well, hope this helps.

nomoretickets

Established Member
You can pick up plastic plugs at any autoparts shop. I wouldn't consider them a long term solution though, more of a "try it before spending money having the decklid plugged and painted" kinda thing. Buy a couple f different sizes, and get a few bigger than you think you need, just to make sure you can get a decent seal.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Pretty sure there were sn95s without a spoiler. You could do plugs temporarily and if you like it you can try to find a different trunk in a junkyard or salvage yard.

Anyway the plugs are probably 7/16. Id just take it off and measure the holes. One thing that sucks is there will most likely be damage on the paint where the old spoiler sat.

ZeroDCX

Established Member
I've seen plenty of V6 SN95 mustangs with no spoiler... Shouldn't be an issue obtaining one from your local junkyard.

Users who are viewing this thread