Spotted!!! Gt500 Testing At Firebird Raceway!!

Fourcam330

Established Member
Hookd on foniks worced four me

Almo said:
Thought you said a stock blower? :nonono:

It takes a twin screw for an 03/04 to do it, just the stock blower for the GT500.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Almo said:
Oh by the way... you last line says a lot about you.

I am hating on the weight and you in turn are hating on Mustangs in general. :nonono:

I happen to own and enjoy a SN95 platform Mustang. That doesn't mean however that I'm blind to its shortcomings.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Almo said:
And you think the GT500 will see 600 to the wheels on the stock blower? :lol1:

Yep. Full exhaust, CAI, TB, tune, and max effort pump gas blower snout dia. should exceed that by a decent (~25rw) amount actually.

Almo

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
It takes a twin screw for an 03/04 to do it, just the stock blower for the GT500.

Yes I know what it takes to get 600 to the wheels in an 03/04. I guess you haven't noticed I own one. :shrug:

But for the record, I need to really understand what you think the GT500 is going to do on a stock blower and we aren't talking about spray right?

Ok, with that out of the way, if a GT500 puts down 450 to the wheels at 10 pounds, you realize it will take that same blower with bolt-ons producing upwards of 10 more pounds of boost with some timing to get there? And do you really think the stock blower is going to put out 20 pounds? It will be hard enough to work around the already small upper pulley and cam sensor not allowing for a larger lower. I am sure in time few aftermarket company’s will figure it all out but I don’t think this blower will be this efficient.

I will go out on a limb here and say I think a few of them -- after they are broke in -- might put down 450 with an intake and catback but its hard to tell at this point.

Formula51

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Yep. Full exhaust, CAI, TB, tune, and max effort pump gas blower snout dia. should exceed that by a decent (~25rw) amount actually.

What kind of boost do you expect the car will need in order to produce 600-625rwhp? Will it be easily and safely tuned for pump gas or will this require a more radical and somewhat dangerous tune? If the GT500 dyno's around 450rwhp stock then that means you are expecting a 175rwhp gain from a few simple breathing mods and more boost. Hmm...maybe, maybe not...we will have to wait and see.

I'm curious, what are some of the best numbers for the 4.6 in the Terminator with exhaust, intake, TB, tune and stock blower? I realize the difference in the engines and blowers, but were they able to gain anywhere near 175rwhp with these simple mods and on pump gas?

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:

So the above bolt-ons will get a GT500 to 625 to the wheels? I think you're stuck in dreamland. But that's just me. :banana:

Almo

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:

This car isn't even out and you say it like you already know what it will do. You on Ford's payroll or something. :-D

Fourcam330

Established Member
Almo said:
Yes I know what it takes to get 600 to the wheels in an 03/04. I guess you haven't noticed I own one. :shrug:

But for the record, I need to really understand what you think the GT500 is going to do on a stock blower and we aren't talking about spray right?

Ok, with that out of the way, if a GT500 puts down 450 to the wheels at 10 pounds, you realize it will take that same blower with bolt-ons producing upwards of 10 more pounds of boost with some timing to get there? And do you really think the stock blower is going to put out 20 pounds? It will be hard enough to work around the already small upper pulley and cam sensor not allowing for a larger lower. I am sure in time few aftermarket company’s will figure it all out but I don’t think this blower will be this efficient.

I will go out on a limb here and say I think a few of them -- after they are broke in -- might put down 450 with an intake and catback but its hard to tell at this point.

For the tenth time, boost is just a measurement of restriction. Throw on a CAI,TB, and full exhaust and the mass of air moving through the motor will increase while boost decreases. When I said "max pump gas effort" I meant ~17-18lbs on 93 octane.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Almo said:
So the above bolt-ons will get a GT500 to 625 to the wheels? I think you're stuck in dreamland. But that's just me. :banana:

I'll be here to say "I told you so" in a few mos. :beer:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Formula51 said:
What kind of boost do you expect the car will need in order to produce 600-625rwhp? Will it be easily and safely tuned for pump gas or will this require a more radical and somewhat dangerous tune? If the GT500 dyno's around 450rwhp stock then that means you are expecting a 175rwhp gain from a few simple breathing mods and more boost. Hmm...maybe, maybe not...we will have to wait and see.

I'm curious, what are some of the best numbers for the 4.6 in the Terminator with exhaust, intake, TB, tune and stock blower? I realize the difference in the engines and blowers, but were they able to gain anywhere near 175rwhp with these simple mods and on pump gas?

I don't see why 600rw isn't doable on straight 93. 700rw is pushing the limit of PG, but 600 isn't really an issue. You can't compare a Term's gains to what a GT500 can/will do, but aren't there a few ported Eaton (still not a great comparison but more accurate than using a stock blower IMO) stock longblock 03/04s at or over 520rw on PG? About a 140rw gain.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I can tell you so now, in detail, but I will get taken to court and lose a lot of money. :)

600 and stock blower is a no go.

Almo

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
I can tell you so now, in detail, but I will get taken to court and lose a lot of money. :)

600 and stock blower is a no go.

:beer: I am saving this thread in favorites so I can rub it in to Fourcam330 when all it does is about 525 with everything on it. All in good fun though.

Fourcam330 :p :-D

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Almo said:
:beer: I am saving this thread in favorites so I can rub it in to Fourcam330 when all it does is about 525 with everything on it. All in good fun though.

Fourcam330 :p :-D

I bet cold hard cash you're going to be the "rubee" and not the "ruber"! :poke:

R1Lello

Established Member
:beer:

Hey, let's start a poll and vote on these two guys.............my money's on Fourcam as I'll bet withing six months of these cars being on the road and in the hands of some well known tuners, we will see excellent numbers.

Formula51

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
I don't see why 600rw isn't doable on straight 93. 700rw is pushing the limit of PG, but 600 isn't really an issue. You can't compare a Term's gains to what a GT500 can/will do, but aren't there a few ported Eaton (still not a great comparison but more accurate than using a stock blower IMO) stock longblock 03/04s at or over 520rw on PG? About a 140rw gain.

I understand the difference in the blower and displacement and how that makes for a rather bad comparison of these motors. I was just interested in how much gain the Terminators had seen to get a ballpark.

What is the displacement of a typical ported Eaton vs. that of the blower which will be on the GT500, which I think is 122ci?

Can anyone confirm a stock longblock 03/04 at or over 520rwhp on pump gas?

I understand that 625rwhp (your number) is not an issue on pump gas with numerous different setups. I just simply wonder if it will be an issue with the stock setup as it may require some very aggressive timing and dangerous air/fuel mixtures to achieve (just a guess). Now I see no problem at all for a twin screw on a 5.4 to make 625rwhp safely on pump gas, but that is not what we are talking about here. I know the blower design on the GT500 is improved, but I bet the amount of boost you are surmising to make 625rwhp may make for some serious issues other than tunning, such as heat.

I am very excited to see what happens in the next year or so. If the GT500 engine doesn't get people excited, regardless of what they might think of the car, then they have some serious issues. :)

Users who are viewing this thread