Spray on 2.8kb questions

MADRUSSIAN

GET FAST OR DIE TRYING!
Established Member
Finally got done with nitrous install. Got nitrous express wet system installed. Shark nozzle tapped into 5" intake tube. Nos progressive mini controller. Car made around 700rwhp on e85 at 18° 23psi very conservative tune. my plan was to lower boost to about 19 psi and spray a 100 shot all on one tune. Now, I hear that running a 100 shot might require pulling about 2 degrees of timing, which would require to run a separate tune from just boost alone. Curently I'm at 23 psi and put 35hp jets just to see how she does and she does very well. Ait temps are low, car pulls noticebly harder. I'm really considering just leaving it at 23 and doing a 50 shot. I know that on blower cars 35 shot would end up getting something like 50rwhp and 70rwtq, so 50hp shot would be like 75 rwhp and a 100rwtq???? Also with e85 I don't think I need to pull any timing for a 50 shot so I have to do is just arm the mother ferr. Thoughts?

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
From the title, I thought this was "Kenne Bell in a can" - like "spray-on tan!"

Joewee500

Established Member
700whp with e85 and a KB 2.8 at 23lbs boost? What pulley combo for that boost...3" and 10%OD? What injector and pump combo? I'm have a 2.8 build and am curious because I sure thought you'd be a bit more than 700whp with e85 and 23lbs.

MADRUSSIAN

GET FAST OR DIE TRYING!
Established Member
Well, technically it made 743rwhp with slick on very conservative mustang dyno. Same set up made 820rwhp on "low reading" dynojet here localy, so I really don't know.

MADRUSSIAN

GET FAST OR DIE TRYING!
Established Member
Like I said, only 18° of timing and very safe tune. We can go as hight as 22° and still be safe.

Cuda426

Established Member
A J&S safeguard Vampire would allow you to pull timing during your nitrous hits without messing with the tune. You could even use it to pull timing at peak boost as the KB ramps up boost at high RPM, if you wanted too.

nxhappy

Established Member
well you are using e85 so yes, you can run more timing than usual. But with the nitrous you want to back down the timing just to be safe.

If you are at 750whp, a 50 shot is going to get you around 825 whp, and crazy crazy torque. At that point you are pretty much at the limits of the stock rods and pistons.

I say spray a 50 shot, back off 1 degree timing, and make sure AFR and everything is good. Not sure why you would need more juice lol. 825whp is nuts on street tires.

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
I have close to your setup, but have a little more radical build. I have a built motor, cams, etc., on my 2.8 I made 1011 rwhp at 23 psi on E85 and then sprayed a 100 wet shot and made 1137. Jon Lund did all the tuning and told me that we could run the same tune for both boost and nitrous as long as we stayed at 100 or below, on my tune we were running 21 degrees of timing. so I would say you are ok but if your on the stock block your really gonna put a load on those rods so just be prepared!!

Users who are viewing this thread